Jellied Eels.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, Jul 26, 2006.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Having just watched Gorden Ramseys F word, and had an arguement with a very stubborn Londoner i have merely confirmed my thoughts on eating such things. Yuk. No Way. Ever!!

Would you eat them?!

Or even worse! Have you eaten them?!
  2. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

3. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

My mother-in-law comes from London and she loves them infact she goes mad for them!
    Just watching her eat them makes me feel a wee bit sick:eek:
    She has offered me some to try but that was not chance in a million years even if you paid me a million pounds would i ever eat one!!!

Mind you it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things!!;)
  4. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Aren't jellied eels green? Anyway you might as well eat worms...
  5. winterman

winterman Member

Jellied, pickled, marinated.. Eel is larvely!!

I haven't had jellied eels in ages (since moving up North in fact!) but I do remember always going down the fishmongers with my gramps for a large bag of prawns (shell on of course), Whelks and Jellied Eels for an early evening snack and sitting round the dining table peeling prawns whilst troughing the Whelks and Eels.

Teriyaki Eel is also one of my favourites on Japanese menus (Little Tokyo in Leeds is by far the best in the area if you fancy a Japanese eatery BTW!)

Ranks highly alongside Whelks, Octopus and Sea Cucumber! Bring it on!
  6. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Jellied Eels...lovely...eel is really good for you , low in fat and really tasty. eel goes really well with oxtail and a nice thick beef stew..Try it , you might like it..
    cockels , whelks , mussels , crayfish ( Dublin bay prawn) all good..yum
  7. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Its not the Eel (which is quite nice) its that horrible Jelly / Aspic stuff thats disgusting. Can't stand jelly in pork pies either. Jelly should be red, green or yellow and be served with ice cream.
  8. sugarandspice

:( please don't ever cook for me!
  9. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

you don't know what you are missing , I do agree tho , the jelly puts people off , get rid of that and you have a tasty snack...ok so I wont do you eel pie then , can make a mega spicy pumpkin soup.. :)
  10. sugarandspice

I'll stick with the chinese next door! :p
  11. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

I live next door to a takeaway they do a brilliant eel stirfry :)
  12. annmck

annmck Member

Being born in Hackney you would think I'd like these things but NO WAY could I EVER eat
    1. Jellied Eels
    2. Roll Mops
    3. The liquor that goes on Pie and Mash.
    My mum will eat a whole jar of jellied eels or roll mops in one sitting. REVOLTING!!!!!
  13. gawber

gawber Active Member

I have eaten and enjoyed whelks, cockles, mussels and prawns but I could never eat jellied eels. Just the thought of them repulses me. YUK! :eek:
  14. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

15. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

16. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Something made by Vileda? :-?
  17. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

I resemble that remark !!!!!

spent last night trying to convince you that jellied eels are brilliant !!! Everyone should try them , they go lovely with pie , mash and liquor !!!

Remember your roots Kelly !!! Come to the dark side !!
  18. sugarandspice

Thats it, I've warned you phyllis!! Say it again and i'll hurt you!! :p
  19. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!!!!
  20. sugarandspice

Easy Peasy, I mean you'd just slide over in all that eel slime you would be surrounded by!. Would be quite entertaining!!