Jeez....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Payn, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

What am I still doing up this late???? tMP addict or what?????

Anyway, time for bed. (Boing!)

Nighty night. Up at the crack of mid-day, I reckon!

:)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    crack
    mid-day
    tMP addict
    bed
    crack of mid-day
  3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Dave,

Just sitting here and thinking how jealous I am of you. It's about this time of year that I start wishing I could get back to Arran. It's absolutely lovely in the winter when a fresh wind is whipping in off the sea and there's snow on the hills. The rugged beauty of the winter landscape always gets me hankering for a trek up those hills. Unfortunately the way the key ballot fell this year I won't get my shot at the cottage until Easter.

Lucky you, Christmas on Arran.

4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

John

It's a lovely place for sure. Not much chance of snow at the moment. It's pretty mild here, right now! Don't even have to have the heating on!

Sometimes, the Isle itself gets some snow but not much as, (as I'm sure you're aware) the weather comes in mainly off the Gulf stream (so I'm told!), but when the snow does hit the hills it is a beautiful sight! Still, the Road across the isle (the Ross Road, running from Kilmory/Sliddery to Whiting Bay) rarely gets gritted so that unfortunately has to be avoided when the temperatures dip! Shame, because that's one of the most beautifully scenic routes I've ever clapped my eyes on!

As for Christmas, I'll actually be in London from the 24th to the 27th of December. I'll be visiting my mum in Catford, SE London and Samantha will be seeing her mum in Newark, so we'll have a belated Christmas here from the 27th! (But what a Hogmanay we're going to have!) As we also have a rather feisty (but lovely!) kitten here, decorations etc. are a little more limited than we would like, but we put some lights up today!

Despite the idyllic lifestyle, it's not been all plain sailing. I'm still looking for work (jobs are VERY hard to come by at this time of year here! Still, I was warned as much about that before I got here) and it has been getting me down a bit (get out the violins! :)), so I'm being a bit of a 'house husband' (in effect only, we're not married! :)) at the mo, washing, cleaning and looking after the cats but it has had the beneficial effect of giving me more time to devote to setting up my protracted brass publishing business.

Anyway John, thanks for your reply and perhaps we could meet up in April if/when you get here. As I'm sure you know, there's always a warm welcome here on Arran! :) (By the way, that invitation is open to any tMP-er who wishes to suffer my awful sense of humour IN PERSON and come and visit! :) :))

Kind regards

Last edited: Dec 4, 2004
  5. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I'll take you up on that offer Dave. A pint in the Auchrannie then. :)

6. Di

Di Active Member

Blimey, if only I'd known! I was awake throughtout the wee small hours and couldn't sleep. Didn't finally doze of until gone 4. :shock: I could've been having a good ole chin wag instead of lying there wondering if and when i'd fall asleep! :rolleyes:

7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

five past four? late? come on now Dave, you'll have to do better than that...

8. six pints

six pints Active Member

whey aye man!! last last week i hat to pull two allnighters in a row!! thank god for our aussie friend fitzy i had someone to talk to

staying awake is for winners!!!

9. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I've heard that's one to avoid! Haven't been there yet! Come down to my local, the Lagg! :)

10. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Hell, they say you need LESS sleep as you get older! Well THEY are bl**dy liars!

Where's me Horlicks?

11. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

And insomniacs

:)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    crack
    mid-day
    tMP addict
    bed
    crack of mid-day
  13. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I'd have happily wagged my chin (oo-er! :))

14. six pints

six pints Active Member

and night owls

15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

and those taking part in wierd experiments...