Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, Jul 30, 2006.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Just been watching that documentary on Sharks in Britian, very interesting indeed :) and some cracking shots of the cornish coastline :)

What are your thoughts on it?
    And would all you holidaying folk be as keen too visit if Jaws was really in cornish waters?!!
  2. gawber

gawber Active Member

I watched the programme with my old man. We are going to Newquay in August and I can guarantee that it has not put him off surfing on the Fistral Beach.
  3. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Took the kids to Blue Planet in Ellesmere Port today (top aquarium :clap: ) and that's as close as I want to get thank you very much.

Mr Chicken Yellowbelly
  4. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Caught a few porbeagles and one thresher in british waters before, the former is fairly common and the latter less so. The thought of some great whites off cornwall is exciting though I expect there won't be many. :(
  5. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Well, you are a local, would you venture into your native waters?;)
  6. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Not very keen on the idea of sharks in our waters, but sharks really don't attack humans all that much. (Jaws is a horror story after all...)
    Wikipedia says this about shark attacks. Apparently we don't taste so good...
  7. ARGHHHH!!! no not sharks! anything but sharks! meant to be surfing this summer, doubt i will now! aww im gonna have nightmares bout sharks now. :( :(
  8. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Haven't done for a few years now i'm afraid! *shock horror!* Not because im scared of sharks tho weaver fish can be a nightmare!

I guess when your surrounded by it you take it for granted really, i save my sea swimming for when im abroad :) prefer the pool here!
  9. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Yes.. but they don't know that till they've bit you :eek:
  10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- and especially when humans disguise themselves as seals when in the water! :cool:
  11. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Badgers should be quote safe then...;)