James Shepherd Versatile Brass - Reunion Concert

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by satchmo101, Apr 21, 2008.

1. satchmo101

satchmo101 Member

Noticed the following concert on the Harrogate web site:-

James Shepherd Versatile Brass - Reunion Concert - Brighouse Festival of Brass - Central Methodist Church, Brighouse, 7.30pm

Anyone know how to get tickets and what the line up/programme might be

Cheers

Mark Davies
    Silk Brass

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    James Shepherd Versatile Brass - Reunion Concert
    Harrogate
    Brighouse
    Cheers Mark DaviesSilk Brass
    James Shepherd Versatile Brass - Reunion Concert - Brighouse Festival of Brass - Central Methodist Church
  3. Blossom

Blossom Member

The Festival of Brass at Brighouse is organised by David Horsfield at Kirklees Music.
    Suggest you try them on 01484 722855 or there may be have something on their website www.kirkleesmusic.co.uk

4. satchmo101

satchmo101 Member

Brilliant, will try these out.

Cheers

MArk

5. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

When is it? - couldn't find it on IBEW, didn't know when to look. I think Billy Rushworth might be playing as he'd mentioned at a BBSBB rehearsal that he was enjoying playing with them.

6. SuperCat

SuperCat Member

Its at the beginning of July, it might be on Saturday 5th ish - around the same time of the march contest.

7. axleman

axleman New Member

You will get tickets from kirklees music and the concert is on friday 4 July

8. marchris6047

marchris6047 Member

A fantastic concert, Well worth the money :)

well done guys!!

9. adrian90s

adrian90s Member

Jsvb

have a place in La Mata (Torrevieja) Spain, Imagine my suprise when i found out the local Brass bands conductor was Gordon Higginbottom. Anyway, I went for a blow and was made really welcome.

Adrian Nurney Solo Euph. Yorkshire Imps.

10. James Shepherd Versatile Brass Reunion Concert

I had the great pleasure of attending the concert to mark the 30th anniverary of the Australian Tour by The Jim Shepherd Versatile Brass. What an experience it was!

The show was a fabulous mixture of live music from almost all the original group, archive film footage, and interviews with a number of musicians, composers and arrangers who were connected with the JSVB over the years.

My only regret is that it is unlikely that the boys will ever repeat the show, because even with a combined age going towards four figures, they could still fill major concert venues and bring pleasure to thousands of music lovers around the world.

The evening, (like the tour all those years ago), was conducted and hosted by Frank Renton who as usual did a super job, and it was heartwarming to see that some of todays current playing luminaries of the banding world, (Richard Marshall, Billy Rushworth to name a couple), were there in the audience to enjoy an evening featuring these true pioneers and superstars of the brass movement.

Thank you to The Brighouse Lions for organising such a memorable event.