James Fountain to Grimethorpe

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by rosolino, May 18, 2011.

1. rosolino

rosolino Member

2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Any news as to Rob Westacotts' movements?

3. mikey.smithy

mikey.smithy Member

Knowing Rob he wont take long too be snapped up!!! Best of luck to two lovely guys.
  4. foxy bingo

foxy bingo New Member

Mmmmmm. The first cutt is the deepest?
  5. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

A bit loose on contest day mornings I've heard.
  6. still learnin

still learnin Member

Brilliant post. Made me laugh out loud! :clap:
  7. impycornet

impycornet Member

I heartily disagree Bob.
    Usually quite solid contest morning, it's the day after they loosen after a gallon of cooking lager :)

Hope you are well.
  8. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Bob, some of your comments are a bit close to the bone*, but this one's a beauty - and taken in good humour by all.:clap:

*or should that be 'close to the cloth'?
  9. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

Rob. I do apologise for subjecting your stool quality to public debate.

My source (Mavis, 82) cleans toilets at Symphony Hall but sadly knows little about famous cornet players (her favourite is Kenny Ball) and she drinks a lot. When I questioned her story she admitted that she thought it was you but it might have been Andrew Bannister or Wynton Marsalis that left a flock of starlings in the backstage facilties.

Good luck to you and your colon for the future

SL - thanks for being so easily amused
    BT - thanks for your words of encouragement.

10. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

I wonder if that's the same Mavis who wandered onstage with her mate Doris during our performance of "Music for the common man" at Butlins 2007?

I think the optional sqeaky wheel on trolley full of bog-rolls part really added something to that performance....
  11. Blossom

Blossom Member

This thread can't sink much lower - wish the mods would flush it down the pan where it belongs.

Rob may be taking this in good part but making fun of this situation is in very bad taste.

Where is the press release thanking Rob for his services at Grimethorpe ? - have they forgotten he stepped into the breach left by Roger Webster and he has been exemplary in his service to the band.

Whatever band signs Rob will be getting a really nice guy - good luck for the future.
  12. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Having no knowledge of the specific events at Grimethorpe and how it all panned out (as is only right and proper that it's dealt with in house) I'd stay away from that side of things if I were you. You may note that it's what the rest of us have done.

Seconded. My guess is that with what he can bring to a cornet line, (and the atmosphere of a post-practice pub) the phone's already ringing.
    Last edited: May 20, 2011
  13. DannyCollin

DannyCollin Member

It beats a clarinet any day of the week :D
  14. jezza23361

jezza23361 Member

15. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

From the press release on 4br:

16. dundeeman

dundeeman New Member

I am a former member of City of Coventry, Desford @ CWS Glasgow in 80,s and find some the comments posted on here quite infantile. Not yours, but I am disappointed in the rubbish i read, perhaps some should concentrate on playing good brassband music instead of spouting *************
  17. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Sounds like your movements were more regular when you were younger, I swear by a sprinkle of linseed in my porridge myself.
  18. BikeBadger

BikeBadger Member

You seem irritated, my friend.
    Congrats Bob - hilarious.
    Rob W - superb - respect
    James F - ditto
  19. dundeeman

dundeeman New Member

Hi, No not irritated just frustrated that there a more pressing points to make about the shape of banding to come. It beginning to sound like an online bingo line ( not that I would know !!!!!! ).