Jackfield Band Appoint Principal Cornet

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by kelster, Oct 19, 2010.

1. kelster

kelster New Member

Jackfield Elcock Reisen Band are delighted to announce the appointment of James Roberts as our principal cornet. James joins us from ‘Sovereign Band’ where he played Solo Cornet.

James has recently completed his Batchelor of Music at the Birmingham Conservatoire, where his instrumental tutors were Ian Porthouse (Musical Director of the Tredegar Band) and Richard Marshall (Principal Cornet with the Black Dyke Band). James is now studying for a PGCE at Birmingham City University.

James’ first appearance with the band will be at the Pontin’s Championships on Saturday 23rd October.

Commenting on his appointment James said “I was delighted and honoured to be invited to the position of Principal Cornet with Jackfield Elcock-Reisen Brass Band my home town Brass Band and for continuing the long tradition of former players from Abraham Darby being associated with Jackfield, I hope I will be an active member of Jackfield Brass Band for many years ahead and I am very pleased to be under the musical direction of Simon Platford again in my musical career”

In addition to welcoming James to the Band, the band are also delighted that father and son John and Mitch Siviter have also recently joined the cornet section on solo and 2nd cornet respectively, both have recently competed with the band at our appearance at the Wychavon Contest (it being Mitch’s first ever contest appearance!)

These extra players have allowed the band to have an internal shuffle with a number of players moving seats. Gayle Bussey has moved from prinicple cornet to flugel horn, Ian Burns has moved from flugel to join the cornet section and Jean Colley has moved from the cornet to the Tenor Horn section.

The Band wish them all well in their new positions!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    James Roberts
    Solo Cornet
    Principal
    Band Appoint Principal
    appointment