Jacket Help!!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Lotta, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Lotta

Lotta Member

A few of our band jackets have gone walk about and the company that made them 15 months ago have gone out of business. Can someone help me with two things:

a. A supplier that you know that can match fabrics/colours with the other 28

or

b. Does any one have 2/3 spare burgandy with black collar and cuff with gold embroidery?! We would of course be prepared to pay for them.

Thank you in anticipation!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    few
    Jacket
    walk
    someone
    embroidery
  3. brass journo

brass journo Member

we still have a full set of jackets from Jayess (Queensbury) that we are trying to sell - but off the top of my head I can't remember if they are burgundy with black collar or black with burgundy! I know there's some gold on there too!

Not too helpful really but I will check for you when I go to band tomorrow and let you know.

4. Rimshot

Rimshot New Member

the jackets are black with burgundy

5. brass journo

brass journo Member

I'll still check!!!!

6. brass journo

brass journo Member

Rimshot was right!! (makes a change!)

our old jackets are indeed black with burgundy collars - sorry for getting youe xcitied.

however we have a whole set if anyone wants to buy them!

7. Lotta

Lotta Member

I did get excited but it doesnt take a lot!

Thanks anyway!

8. alanl58

alanl58 Member

So what is the going rate for second hand jackets?

Did your band make the mistake of having them tailor made for the players in the band at the time they were bought, and now finds that the current players are not the same size?

I guess we could be in the market for the purchase of second hand jackets, but only at a small fraction of their cost...

AlanL
    Bude Metric Brass

9. brass journo

brass journo Member

Hi

The reason we have spare jackets and two diferrent sets! (one black with burgundy collars and cuff which are in good condition and good jackets and one set of red with black collars and cuff) is that when the Jayess (Queensbury) and Jayess '87 Bands merged in 1998 to become Yorkshire Co-operatives, or United Co-op Yorkshire as we are now the sponsors requested new uniforms in their colours so we consequently have two sets of spare jackets. Of course we will be selling them at a fraction of the price of new jackets but I will have to check how much, how many there are and what sizes. Once I have founf this out I will PM you if you are interested.

Many thanks for your interest

10. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

Try Alexander James, Swinton Manchester they matched our jackets for five new ones earlier this year don't know the number off hand but they do have a web site.

11. Lotta

Lotta Member

Thank you! I will definatley be ringing them.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    few
    Jacket
    walk
    someone
    embroidery