Jack Russells!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Lotta, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Lotta

Lotta Member

We have a 2 year old little j.r.t and he is great.... apart from that when we go out, he barks and yaps for near enough the whole time. Anybody got any ideas on how to keep him quiet and entertained for a few hours without us?????

P.S I know you're probably thinking 'How do we know he is barking if we are out' but we spied from outside!!!!

2. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

get a Kong toy, its a red rubber thing that you can stuff with treats, and he can spend hours getting them out without getting into mischief or being naughty! I know this works because we use one with our dog and he loves it :) Milo's favourite Kong filling is peanut butter but you can put allsort of things in them.

below is the company's website, might be useful for you!
    http://www.kongcompany.com

3. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Get him a little girl JR to play with!!

Either that, or a toy that you can stuff treats into. Might work.

Talk about great minds!!

4. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

just remembered Milo also has a Kong bone which you stuff biscuits into, he likes that too, only he can get the biscuits out too easily.

when he was a pup he also had a hard ball that had too small holes in, which you put biscuits in and he had too roll it round the floor to get them out, that kept him entertained for ages but he got bored of that because it was too easy!

5. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

my doggy had a ring that she never played with, so we put her old collar on the end, she swung it round for ever, only problem came when she decided to let go of it :x

6. Lotta

Lotta Member

I've seen what he does to stuffed toy....... its on the border of indecent behaviour!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

That happend to a freind of mine!
    Jack russels are complete psychos but theyre ace :D

8. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

The LYNX effect works on our mutt who looks like a JR on steroids!!

9. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Me granparent used to have a cross between a jack russel and a yorkshire terrior...:eek: vicious little bugger it was too

10. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

If you are the kind of sickos who spy on your own dog, you should probably go live in the US. I'm sure you have impinged on his doggy rights!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    P.S
    Jack Russells
    year old little j
    time
    ideas
  12. Spanky Rear

Spanky Rear Member

Jack Russell

Why not phone Battersea Dog's Home for advice? They have great experience with dogs, and making them environmentally friendly.

13. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

:roll:
    whys that sick?
    why the US anyway?