Ive Got Six Tickets To See Iron Maiden In December...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chris Sanders, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Yey, seeing them at the M.E.N. Arena on the 14th!! :metal:

Six brass banders going seeing the worlds greatest rock band seems strange?? :-?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Ive
    M.E.N.
    Iron Maiden
    Yey
    brass banders
  3. Steve

Steve Active Member

Awesome stuff!! Saw them headline at Download a few years back and Bruce Dickinson never stops running. Great show.

PS: I wonder if his surname will pass the bleeper?

EDIT: Wow, it did :)

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Saw them at Reading in August... one of the best live shows I've seen!

5. Chris Sanders

Saw them three years ago at the MEN, also went with banders

Bruce amazes me how he can be all over the stage running, jumping, screaming, singing and dancing, even spinning round on the spot for literally about three minutes wearing a black cloak during Dance of Death, yet he never runs out of breath or energy!!

Steve Harris for me is one of the greatest writers in rock music.

Cant wait, im more excited than glitter in a nursery!!

:metal:

6. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Are you offering to share them round or are you just gloating, Evil One?
    BMB
    xx

7. Chris Sanders

Very much gloating... I earnt these, I had to freeze in the queue...

Though if one of the lads cant go i'll have one ticket begging, but it will get snapped up quickly

8. genghis

genghis New Member

in saw them at donnington 3 years ago, best gig i`ve ever been to. maiden are the best live act i`ve ever seen. saw them at the glasgow secc six months later, amazing, the dance of death show was just awesome. i`m going to buy my ticket for the m.e.n. show, and i might just be greedy and go and see them at the glasgow secc the night after, teehee!:D

9. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Iron Maiden? Are they still going? :biggrin: I remember my brother being 'mad on them' about 30 years ago! Is it still the original group?

10. Chris Sanders

The original line up had Paul Di-Anno as lead singer, they made it big and did few few good albums, he performed classics like Phantom of the Opera and Iron Maiden.

However they only became great and really started when they got Bruce Dickinson as front man in about 82/3, he brought a bigger range and energy to the music, they moved a little further from the punk/metal to just heavy rock, developed their own style.

Dickinson took a few years out in the 90's, and any Maiden fan would agree they had a major lull with new lead singer Blaze Bailey, only managing one good song 'Man On The Edge', but Dickinson returned around 97 when theyrecorded two more fantastic albums, 'Brave New World' and 'Dance of Death'

Plus now they have four guitarists

Yanick Gers (latest addition - awesome)
    Adrian Smith (left to pursue other stuff then came back)
    Dave Murray
    and
    Steve Harris (bass)

They also changed drummers, they originally had Clive Burr (who was very good), but he left and they replaced him with the amazingly brilliant Nicko Mc Brain

However the current line up is still the same as when they were massive in the 80's, and they have just got better and better.

The stalwart and heart of Iron Maiden (Steve Harris)has been there since he set up the band and throughout, his writing has just got better and better, his songs tell stories and create atmosphere that no other rock band could ever acheive, for example 'The Clansman' or 'Paschendale'.

If you have seen Maiden before but not recently, go on this tour, they are even better.

If you have never seen them before, do it, even if you are not a Maiden fan, they are just so breathtaking and entertaining.

Greatest rock band in the world ever...

Sorry, I get passionate about rock.

:metal:

Up the Irons!!