Its the most wonderful time of the year

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by johnmartin, Dec 9, 2007.

1. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Well, it should be. I've had the worst weekend ever.

Saturday afternoon I was getting into the front passenger seat of the car and twisted round to speak to my son in the back seat. Next thing you know the right knee has gone and I'm lying on the ground squealing like a pig. Only took me about 5 seconds to get the bones back in but it seemed like ages. Went to casualty and the wee houseman whos probably been on for the last 48 hours sends me for an x-ray and then straps it up and sends me home.

Got home from a band job today and the hospital has phoned (on a sunday!!). Apparently the consultant was in and looked at the x-rays and wants to see me next week. I've had knee injuries in the other knee in the past and this one feels like its the anterior cruciate thats gone. Still can't walk. Ah well we'll see what they say.

To top it all off my wife got a phonecall from one of the mums at playgroup and her wee boy, Daniels best friend, has come down with chickenpox. The incubation is between 10 and 21 days so we're now looking forward to a lovely christmas with the wee man covered in spots.

And the Celts dropped two points. :(
  2. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

And that counts as your worst weekend ever?

You lucky b*****d!
  3. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Oooh I had one of those. ****** me it was painful...
    Mine was entirely self-inflicted though. :oops: Still twinges now and again.
  4. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

I read this and laughed so much I am crying hysterically. Sorry for your pain but you are funny!!!!! x
  5. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

You know what they say

Bad things come in threes, though I'm not sure Celtic dropping 2 points is necessarily a bad thing.
  6. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

How many do good things come in? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
  7. Mesmerist

This may cheer you up John. I have to take 2 little ones to see a pantomime december 29th. Keith whatsit and that awful green Orville duck. I would rather do my knee in any day...
  8. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

God, one of the band got a picture of me talking to him at Skegness Butlins a few years back. Doesn't sound too bad but that bl**dy duck is also in the photo. He's actually a very funny man and has some great stories.
  9. Mesmerist

can`t you use that photo here instead of the one of that man in the stripey shirt kissing a cup? Please???? X:)