It's Raining Men!!!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Charmed, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Now I have your attention - went to listen to a band in the local park yesterday and they finished their programme with the song 'Its Raining Men', I know this song could probably end up on the 'cheesy song' thread, however, it was quite a foot tapping song. I asked the band who had arranged the song but no one seemed to know.

Does anyone know of an arrangement of this song? Would love to aggravate :eek: the rest of the band!!!!
  2. NeilW

NeilW Member

3. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I would have suggested the same! We did a version of 'Barbie Girl' in my junior band once and I must admit that had the same effect.
  4. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

If it was a band playing in thorne park near doncaster i was unfortunate enough to be helping out.

It has to be the worst arrangement i have ever played. But the few times i have done it with them its gone down well.

I cant remember exactly who did that particular arrangement ( defo not Frank Bearnarts) but get in touch with

Bob Morton at lockwood recordings.

he is Frickleys Conductor ( The band that day ) he will be able to tell you who arranged it and where they got it from.

If your that desparate. I hope i never have to play it again.
  5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Thanks guys. I read the title of this thread about 90 minutes ago and I have been singing it ever since! ARGGGHH!!!

The version I know is out of the Bernearts stable, although I can't remember if it was arranged by Bernearts himself. I quite like it actually - especially when it is played *extremely* uptempo and with 4 percussionists!!

6. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

Sue.......Please NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

To save all those of us who will have to play it.....don't tell her!!
  7. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Yes it was in Thorne Park and yes it did go down well, it made my foot tap anyway!! I spoke to Bob Morton after the concert and unfortunately he did not know where the arrangement came from. The only name on the score was 'ARL Hammerson' (I think).

Sorry Ruth, but don't you wish it was raining men??????:rolleyes: