It's not very far away! - Pontins thread

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Big Twigge, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

This time in a month we'll be getting ready to go to Pontins...hurray!

It'll be great to meet faces old and new, don't forget to pack your dancing shoes - yey!

Handy Tip: Don't put a bottle of red wine in your suitcase and then forget to handle suitcase delicately ;)
  2. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I know!! I actually can't wait!!! No one will get me off that dance floor! I'm all up for a night of boogeying and kareoke!! Woooooo!!! :biggrin: :clap:

Can't wait to meet up with everyone again! it's been a long time since whits and hadleigh! :(

So yay!! bring it on! woooooooooo!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
  3. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

I cant wait to meet other tmpers, never been to a tmp outing yet:frown: so this will be my first.
  4. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

yes not long!! hope we are all staying over and up for a party!! :cool:
  5. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I'll see if I can make it...
  6. twigglet

twigglet Member

Hurrah!! We are officially in the 'month of pontins'.... at a time like this we should all be practising our drinking skills and perfecting eating super hot and super greasy pies.... I had my first go yesterday, quite a measly chicken pie, but it's a start and the only way is up!
  7. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Good work El, I've been practising the drinking and am now a regular at Kebab Kid, which is nearly the same as pies....!
  8. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

I thought we'd had this discussion before! Dog is the food of Pontins!
  9. Will the Sec

Seems like I might be corrupted...
  10. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

hmmm, I hope you're not refering to my Dog comment.

Dog is slang for Newcastle Brown Ale, normally rubbish and guaranteed to make you ill. At pontins it's cheap and guaranteed to get you over the hangover relatively quickly!
  11. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

The only thing I thought of as cheap at pontins was the accomodation!!! No drinks are cheap!!
  12. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I think the word "relative" was missing from neil's post. And also, they can't water down a bottle of dog.

I can't wait, not playing at all this year so can fully concentrate my energies into worthwhile pursuits....
  13. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I'm not sure that people are getting excited's Pontins in less than 2 weeks...I think we can muster a bit more excitement! (maybe I just have too much work to avoid doing so this is my escapism..)
  14. twigglet

twigglet Member

I think that is suitably excited!

When are people getting there on the friday, are we going for a tame late evening arrival??
  15. dyl

dyl Active Member

Pontins? Tame?

More to the point: Twigglet? Tame?
  16. Di

Di Active Member

Scary Point: Big Twigge, Twigglet, Vickitorious - TOGETHER :eek:
  17. Will the Sec

Sounds good! Be nice to meet the Twigges at last.
  18. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

10 days...

It's well exciting!! :biggrin:
  19. Lisa

Lisa Member

So what is everyone wearing in the evenings then? I am informed that Saturday night is the night to dress really OTT! :eek: What should I pack in my bag??

Oh, and yeah I'm excited too! Yay! :biggrin:
  20. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Bring everything!
    Don't forget bedding etc or your toothbrush!