It's nice that people feel they can drop in

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 2nd man down, Sep 13, 2007.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

We had a visit from Keith Espin (Conductor of Corby Silver Band in Northamptonshire) at rehearsal last night. He's up here working in Leeds at the moment and was looking for a local band he could have a blow with to keep his lip in, so contacted us to see if he could pop along for a blow.

We sat him on 2nd trom (our 2nd trom Fliss is on her jollies at the mo), and he seemed to enjoy himself.
    It's exactly that kind of thing that makes me really love banding, a total stranger, pops along, we made him wecome (well at least I hope we did :rolleyes: ), and he had an enjoyable evening rather than sitting alone in a hotel room somewhere.

Nice to meet you Kieth (if you're reading this), it was nice to have you along last night.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Corby Silver Band
    Keith Espin
    Northamptonshire
    blow
    Conductor of Corby Silver
  3. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

And if you stay for long enough the band even buy you presents when you leave! Cheers guys! :)

Am i allowed to high jack this thread?!

I've just had a cracking summer with the band helping out and can honestly say i have never come across a friendlier band in all my banding life! :) (and thats even with all the abuse i got from being a 'southerner!' Perfect banding atmosphere really- good music, good playing and a good social side- just perfect!

I will continue to wish the band luck for the up and coming contests and can't wait to go back at xmas!

Anyone else passing through should definately pop in and see them! :)

4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Kelly! It was a pleasure having you up here through the Summer , thank you so much for all your hard work and help! ;)

5. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

I would also say the same can and does happen with a lot of other bands, I know we do. Although recently formed, Darwen brass has played host for a night to other players who have just come by for a blow.