It's me!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bagpuss, Mar 10, 2006.

1. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Hi all, I'm not new but I don't ever remember having introduced myself so here goes.

My name is Darren Peake, I'm ?? years of age (old) and I live in Shrewsbury. I play percussion at the moment for Wem Jubilee Band but used to play Trombone. I've played for a few bands since I started with bands at about the age of 13. Started with Ifton Welfare Band, played for United Co-op Crewe, Harlescott Brass and then Wem. I have however depped for more than this, including Jackfield, Porthywaen, City of Chester, Rhyl, Royal Buckley and I'm sure there are more that I've not mentioned. I think I'm right in saying I've played both trombone and percussion for all of those bands too!! I generally don't drink alcohol but that doesn't mean I don't have a good time.:D

I tend not to be the quietest person you've ever met either socially or when playing (especially percussion). I enjoy playing pool, darts, going fishing (none of which I'm any good at) and I build and (try to) repair computers in my spare time. I work for Network Rail as a signaller so I don't get much time 'spare' anyway. Roger Thorne will vouch for the fact that I try to do as much overtime as I can get my hands on to try and appease my bank manager!!!

That's about all I can think of for now.

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hi Darren :hi

It's good to hear from one of our longer-term members on this thread.

We'll look forward to more posts and examples of the bagpuss sense of humour as the days go by ;)
  3. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

:hi (Despite your an older tmp than me!):biggrin:

Glad to find out where 'somewhere between here and there' is! ;)
  4. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

Bagpuss, how could you forget your infamous days at Dawley with, Sarah, Ant, Glyn, Taz, Dunc, and me Old Ogg. Over in the Dunn Cow on a Sunday lunchtime convincing people that there was shennanigans going on.
  5. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Last time me and Mr Puss depped for Dawley was a Christmas concert. If I remember rightly there were 18 in the band and 12 in the audience (and that includes the barmen!)
  6. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

OK, I was quite scared for a moment there because I didn't have the faintest idea who you were!! Now the penny has finally dropped though!! How the devil are you? There WERE shennanigans going on. I was right about HIM AND HER, he now works in argos in shrewsbury by the way. Keith now plays for wem aswell, whilst i remember. How's spinc?? Tell the old goat to get in touch of you would be so kind!!:biggrin: