It's Friday the Thirteenth today

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by tubafran, Oct 13, 2006.

1. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Ooh, just seen the date - Friday 13th - anyone have any dreads or fears for the day, anything weird happened?

I've just had a text from someone in Morrison's car park to say that one of the trolley attendents has been knocked over by a car - so that's why they wear those vests. Unlucky for someone then.

2. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

They wear those vests to assist your aim!
  3. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Judging by the week I've had, I think it's been Friday the 13th for the last 5 days! :(
  4. gawber

gawber Active Member

It's unlucky for me-my son is coming home from uni and bringing me all his washing!
  5. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Well we had a Pay Rise at Work:clap:
  6. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Unlucky for your boss then! ;)
  7. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Friday the 13th - An excuse for people to blame their everyday mishaps and misfortunes on something else for a change, tomorrow it'll just be a bad day again.

Caroline - The Cynic!
  8. shandy lee

shandy lee Member

Miss twigge!!!

Thats a Glass half empty moment then!!!!

Are you suffering from overindulgence?

Go on finish the glass off!!!
  9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

No, no , no, not at all Mr Lee - in my eyes the glass is always half full or, simply in need of a top up. (But that doens't apply to me as I'm being a good 'not drinking very much' type to go with my gym going and healthy regime!)

However.... we have to accept that when things happen there is generally a reason, and it's not very often just because it happens to be the 13th and a friday! Usually someone, somewhere just screwed up!
  10. cornetsquint

cornetsquint Member

only realised after reading this that it is the 13th. I did oversleep today today, does that count?
  11. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

No, nothing bad has happened today so far. :) Fairly normal day actually. Does that count as bad?
  12. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I hurt my other ankle today.... twice! its not fair! I'm having a nice lie down on the sofa with grease on the telly and lappy on me lap! :tongue:
  13. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I had a whole day of my year 7 tutor group shrieking "aaargh it's Friday the 13th". I honestly wished that lightening WOULD strike or something, just to give them something to REALLY scream about. Ah the wonder of 11 year olds........
  14. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I have to say today has been rather good. I finished the training course I was giving today, and left my customers site with them being [seemingly] very happy with the machine they've just bought. Also the drive back up from Essex was fairly trouble free - even the M1 was moving OK. It would seem I was in front of some traffic trouble at Toddington that was reported on the Radio, which must be a first for me. Even better I got home to my lovely wife, who I haven't seen for 5 days and had a great meal waiting for me. Then a night of half reasonable TV (Simpsons, Have I got News for You) and a bit of tMP with a nice couple of bottles of Peroni to round it all off.

So then, Friday the 13th hasn't been bad at all then. Still, I guess I still have 3/4 of an hour to get through....:eek: :rolleyes: ;)
  15. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

The RNCM lift nearly broke on the friends I was with and I, was probably one of the scariest situations ever! :(
  16. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Well, it's all over. Nothing especially bad happened to me. Although I did end up walking my drunkard parents home after my auntie's home warming party...:rolleyes:

Good fun! :)
  17. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

On the way to work my car engine overheated and came very close to blowing up, technical fault or spooky event?
  18. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Nothing bad happened to me except I had a biology test but I got 33/34 anyway so it wasn't really that bad.
  19. HBB

HBB Active Member

Partway through our recording session we had a power cut and had to stop recording and come back today to do it - that was annoying!!
  20. Di

Di Active Member

Well I didn't want to say anything on Friday, just in case... :redface::tongue:

But I sent Vicki off on her own on the train (the one and only other time I'd done that they cancelled her connecting train :( ) and my mum and dad were up in the air flying back from their hols. I'm glad to say they all arrived safely. :)