It's a fair cop!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by JessopSmythe, Feb 25, 2008.

1. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

2. horn1

horn1 Member

Fills me with confidence!!!!
  3. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

i find it quite funny to be honest!
  4. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Well, that's a fair cop to me!!
  5. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

well he should be banned and told to retake his driving test again as new driver on the road ie written test etc or what ever it is now to pass a driving test.
    but a nice big fine of £1000.00 would not go a miss with the wages he earns!!!!!!!
  6. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

The police really dont earn much when you think about what they do. They put their lives on the line to protect the likes of you every time they put on that uniform. What this young man has done is sheer idiocy and he deserves to be punished, but lets not spout rubbish about the massive bucks the police earn!:mad:
  7. paddo

paddo Member

that a sore spot old chap!! You ought to be an intensive care nurse, then you would have something to winge about!!!!!!!!
  8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

regardless of what he earns, he's in THE job where doing that is the cardinal sin. He's acted like a prat and got caught, and good I say. The law applies to everybody, not just those this side of the thin blue line.
  9. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

The man was a prat and deserves to be punished for it. Unfortunately you get idiots in all occupations, even butchers. As for their salaries, well not as much as a London Tube Driver, but then again more than a nurse.

On a side issue, all Emergency Service drivers do it risking their own driving licences on every call they take, which I've always thought was ridiculous. I've driven the wrong side of dual carriageways on urgent calls, knowing full well that should I get a complaint about it, I'd lose my licence! Not really fair with the impact that would have made to my everyday life, but considered that the risk worth it to help people in dire need.