It wouldn't be Christmas without...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sparkling_quavers, Dec 23, 2004.

1. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Inspired by some ad on TV I saw last night.

It wouldn't be christmas without...

Freezing your butt off caroling with band at your local supermarket....

What else?
  2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

the sound of music being on tv
  3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Sprouts, Walnuts, Dates, Figs and those Orange and Lemon 'sugary' segment sweets you can't buy any other time of the year.

4. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

hehe i forgot all about that!.

also wouldnt be christmas with out a band concert or panto, or iof your Wem jubilee both on the same night!:p
  5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

"The Snowman" on TV...

and for those of us who are slighty more mature....

the Morecambe and Wise Christmas special :-D
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2004
  6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

The Queen's Christmas Message

(although this year we have got The Simpsons as an alternative!)
  7. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Two months of teaching youth bands and students how to play Christmas carols!

The annual attempts to teach the better students how to do a decent whinny, ready for Sleigh Ride.

That feeling of panic when you realise on Christmas Eve that you haven't got one member of your family a present :-?

"Christmas Specials" of mediocre television programmes - same jokes with a Christmas tree n the background.

The sight of young ladies going out to Christmas parties dressed in very, very short red skirts :D

The appearance of Santa's Wobble in my local brewery:D :D :D :D
  8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

... getting in from that last minute shopping spree when you buy all the things you forgot to buy during the last 4 christmas shopping outings...!!!!!
  9. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

toncilitus........ i get it every xmas :(
  10. Lisa

Lisa Member

...having highly nutritious meals of chocolate roses, stollen cake and shortbread biscuits for breakfast, lunch and tea...
  11. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member crawling around the village with the band on Christmas Eve! I'm looking forward to it tonight! :D
  12. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Christmas eve with my band! Giving friends support when last minute shopping in busy shopping centre!!! Watching Ab Fab at my nanas! The coca-cola advert with the lit up lorries! (altho has changed this year :-( ) paper cuts on tongue from licking envelopes (altho i've sent no cards this year really due to hands- yey!) And buying so much more food and drink than normal because 'it's christmas!' :rolleyes:
  13. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

And consuming it too...:rolleyes:
  14. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

champagne and bacon buttie breakfast, at work on christmas eve (well veggie sausages for me)

at 7AM

kel x:eek:
  15. HBB

HBB Active Member

... the prezzies you really don't want!