Issues following upgrade: Please post here

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Dec 13, 2005.

1. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

tMP Blue is looking good!

2. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

How come smiles do not appear in text when you click on them?????????Whats gone wrong with them????????

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Nothing.... all this shows Ian is that you have not read through the contents of this thread hehehehe:biggrin::biggrin:

This has been answered several times. Simply do a forced refresh to forced your browser to read the latest javascript and html from the tMP server and not from your cached store. Do cntrl f5 and all will be fine.

4. TheMusicMan

For you my dear Elspeth.... anything is possible. How's that?

</blatant favouritism>:biggrin::biggrin:

5. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I tried the refresh...that didn't work.

However,when I reset my defaults, that did...so...

...I think it may just be a matter of when you want to get the glitch of selecting it from the menu.

6. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

On the home page, underneath my user name, near where it states PM status. It will say for example - 17 New Posts. When I was looking yesterday it stated 11 New Posts, I clicked on it and read them, after browsing for a while I went back to the home page and it stated 14 New Posts, but when I clicked on it it said there were no new posts.

Not a big problem to me, but just confusing!!

ps I am easily confused! :confused:

7. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Some of these "new posts" may be invisible to you, because they are in one of the hidden forums for moderators. And there also is a hidden forum for us, news reporters. :biggrin:

8. TheMusicMan

I think Jan's explanation is correct Charmed... but nonetheless this is not the way the code should work. it should only display a total number of new posts to you of those that you have permissions to view and read etc. I will report this to the coders as a bug. Well spotted... :clap:

9. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

Excellent service as ever - It's all looking really great, thanks for all your hard work. :clap::clap:

My hero :biggrin::biggrin:

10. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

OK steady now :wink:

Perhaps we can have previous post/next post at the top of the page on the tMP Blue version as well, please John.

I know I'm not your favourite but pretty please ;);)

11. TheMusicMan

Hehe.... and for you Mr Elspeth-MRSH... anything too! how's that?

12. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Hi John, looks great but i'm having issues with logging on from the main home page- says Page not found. Was only able to get on with Dinie's help, and had to go on the forums page to log on? :(

13. TheMusicMan

There is a bug on the portal login page sorry. I have reported this to the coders and am awaiting a fix.

You found the solution though - ie login from the /vb page :tup

14. Di

Di Active Member

While you're at it Alex, do a CNTRL F5, should help clear some other issues too. ;)

EDIT: ^ He's quicker than me!

15. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Quality - only six minutes. Brilliant.

Thanks John.

I do like tMP Blue :clap::)

16. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

I noticed that when you're replying to posts, you cant undo/cut/copy/paste/select all etc, unless you hit the editor button (the big A button in the corner). You need to do press that everytime you're in a new reply window.

Can you not put these editor buttons up in the menu with everything else?

Also I tried to download the spelling thing last night and it eventually came up afterwards with a sign saying critical error!! Oops what did I do wrong?!!

17. TheMusicMan

#1 - replying with editor: make sure you have the following option set:

UserCP > Edit Options > Miscellaneous Options > Message Editor Interface > Enhanced Interface WYSIWYG Editing

#2 - IESpell: is nothing really to do with tMP Willie sorry. iESpell is a free spell checker that tMP will integrate with by using the spellcheck button if it is correctly installed. Sorry, I am not too sure what to suggest there...!

18. MickM

MickM Member

Sorry, Edited
    Wrong thread!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2005
  19. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I've just sent a pm to somebody and wasn't asked if I wanted to request a read receipt. I thought it always did this? It is a useful feature if you want to make sure somebody has got an important message, or whether you need to get in touch with them some other way! Can't see any configuration options where I might have inadvertently have turned this off.

I'm using tMP Blue, in case that is relevant.

Cheers

20. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I've just checked this one out (on Clean) and the request for a receipt is in the "Additional options" shown underneath the message box.

Personally, I would prefer to select a receipt if I wanted one, rather than deselect if one was not required.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2005