Issues following upgrade: Please post here

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Dec 13, 2005.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi All

So as to help me clear up any outstanding issues following our upgrade to the latest software version, if you spot anything that is missing, or not working as you feel it should or did, then please would you kindly post them in here. This will help me to clear up outstanding issues quickly.

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

erm, will we be able to eventually change the colour scheme to our own taste?
  3. TheMusicMan

Were you able to do that before? hehehe

Not quite brassneck, but I will be adding the old default blue style back soon.
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Excellent job, well done!

Something to add to the list: it's difficut to see where the post finishes and the signature begins. An alternative spacer needed?
  5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

great! ... it's kinda :cool: (bright!)
  6. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

its fab :D:D:D although when replying bother in the quick reply and the advanced reply its teeeeeeeeeny! can we either have free magnifying glasses or the writing just a little bit bigger? :tongue:
  7. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I like the fact that it tells me the posts that had been updated prior to my last visit that I stiill haven;t read - useful for when I don't have a lot of time for proper reading!!
  8. TheMusicMan

This is a difficult one Dyl as the signature doesn't always appear at the bottom of the post i.e. in short posts. So, if I were to change the colour of the signature aree this would make the rest of the postbit area look awful.

Not sure how to deal with this one quickly... will have a rethink on it.
  9. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

When I go to my UserCP, I can change my "user title" now (the one that used to be "tMP Prime Friend")
    I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that before, and that it was only possible for tMP supporters (the people with the blue usernames ;) )

oh, and what is the word "Default" (in front of the date and time of each post) for?

the inline editing is great!
  10. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

A suggestion: can't you just change the color of the little line between the post and the signature? (make it a bit darker...?)
  11. TheMusicMan

Done!!! :biggrin:
  12. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I've noticed there are a few links on the root bar that I can't access, although whether they are still to be implemented (along with the gallery etc) I'm not too sure :confused:

I get a permission denied type error on Articles and the Copyright FAQ, and the Fun@tMP gives the error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home2/themp/public_html/vb/arcade.php on line 167

As I don't use the arcade I'm not too bothered about this, and I can't remember using the articles link before either. The Copyright FAQ is useful though! Even so, there is no rush - I'm sure other people may have more urgent issues!

Well done on getting the upgrade done so smoothly and quickly :clap: :clap: I only had a tiny case of the withdrawals while it was down!!

13. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Welcome Back!
  14. TheMusicMan

Thanks Dave, my bad here.

#1 - Fun @ tMP: I need to reinstall the games system from scratch as the current one is not at all cmompatible with the current version. This will be done within a week or so.

#2 - Articles System: I won an award recently which included a new commercial Articles System. Now that we have upgraded successfully, I will get this installed and migrate the current articles across.

#3 - Copyright FAQ: This is an article...:) see #2 :biggrin:
  15. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Cool - thanks John. As I said, no rush as far as I am concerned - I was only clicking randomly on the home page to see what works and what doesn't!! :biggrin:

16. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I really like this idea too, but it currently seems to be displaying threads that I have read in their entirety earlier today. I suspect that is upgrade related - I don't know how the system remembers what I've read, but probably by being taken offline / rebooted during the upgrade the system has forgotten! I'm sure that this will work itself out as I keep reading!

Actually, the title on this says "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts." Doesn't that just mean every inactive thread that has ever been created on tMP that I haven't read in this visit? If so, I've got a lot of reading to do ;) . My boss is going to get even less work out of me than usual :biggrin:
  17. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

I can't seem to add 'smilies' (using Mozilla Firefox) ?? (And clicking [More] just takes me back to the top of the page...)
  18. Di

Di Active Member

If you click on the "quick link" "mark forums read" it will do just that. Then you'll have an empty list 'til the next post. :biggrin:
  19. Di

Di Active Member

Have you done a forced refresh since signing back in? CNTL F5? I don't know if that will help or not.
  20. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Cunning - thanks!!