ISB to celebrate 120th anniversary

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Active Member

The International Staff Band has announced plans to celebrate its 120th anniversary with an international brass weekend. The focal point will be in the Royal Albert Hall, London, featuring Salvation Army staff bands from around the world. Although plans are at an early stage, the Royal Albert Hall event is likely to feature the largest gathering of staff bands ever seen, from North America, Australia and Japan, in addition to staff bands from Europe.

Bandmaster (Dr) Stephen Cobb claimed, "This is likely to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience and we anticipate drawing an audience from all over the world".

Other 'fringe' events during the weekend are likely to be held in Regent Hall (Oxford Street) and Westminster Central Hall.

The celebration events are planned for the weekend of 3rd to 5th June 2011 and further details will be publicised soon.
  2. Tubby

Tubby Member

yes I've heard about this, I have friends in the ISB and in the MSB so I'm looking forward it hugely.
  3. jrshimmon

jrshimmon Member

Sounds like it'll be a really big weekend. Any plans for a Mailing list to keep people up to date on developments?

Will be good to hear MSB & NYSB in the UK again have enjoyed a number of their recordings over recent years.
  4. Active Member

There will be a dedicated website in due course with the facility to register for updates.
  5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Should be a great weekend! I missed out on the three-staff-band festival at the 1978 Congress as my CO wouldn't let me have the time off, but I'll make sure it doesn't happen this time ;)
  6. craigster

craigster Member

Here is hoping that the Canadian Staff Band makes it over. Then I can cross playing at RAH off my bucket list!

7. craigster

craigster Member

Just announced at rehearsal last night - the Canadian Staff Band will be attending!!
  8. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

Pen at the ready!
  9. Active Member

A dedicated ISB120 website is now online and the first email update was sent earlier today to everyone registered so far. If you haven't yet registered for email updates, you can read the first email update here.
  10. PeterBale

Received an update email today and it's all looking good. ISB and NYSB at Regent Hall on the Friday night should be a good evening, and the march down the Mall on Sunday should be worth seeing.

There are plans for one of the touring bands to visit Hadleigh, but not yet sure which band, or what the date is - will keep everyone up to date in due course.
  11. PeterBale

Venue now changed to the Cadogan Hall due to the likely demand for tickets - book early if you want to avoid those horrible bench seats in the gallery!
  12. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

I Take it there will be a recording of the Event?
  13. Active Member

The whole weekend presents a number of different recording options.
  14. PeterBale

Looks like I'll have to rely on the recording of the Friday nght ISB/NYSB concert as we've just had confirmation that the Melbourne Staff Band will be at Hadleigh that night - more details later.
  15. Active Member

With just 8 months to go before the ISB’s 120th anniversary celebrations, we would like to update you on ticket arrangements for the all-day Celebration Concert at the Royal Albert Hall on Saturday 4th June 2011.

We are really excited by the interest shown so far. Over 900 people have registered their interest at and a third of the available Sponsorship Packages sold in the first 5 days! Sponsorship Packages for the Royal Albert Hall concert on Saturday 4th June are still available for those who require prioritised ticket allocation before the tickets go on sale to the general public on Saturday 9th October .
    On Saturday 9th October (the day of the National Brass Band Championships) members of the ISB will be present at the Royal Albert Hall to publicise the event, and based on the emails and telephone calls we are receiving requesting block bookings for anything between 20 and 100 seats, we fully expect the Royal Albert Hall box office to be inundated with ticket orders, not only from those attending the Championships, but also through online and telephone bookings.

Having acquiring the full capacity of seats available (5121) we can now confirm ticket prices, detailed below;

Circle = £15 (Restricted view £10)
    Arena = £20 and £18
    Choir = £20
    Stalls = £22.50
    Loggia Boxes = £22.50
    Grand Tier and 2nd Tier Boxes = £25
    Wheelchair = £23

Royal Albert Hall box office details (from SATURDAY 9th OCTOBER 9th ONLY!)
    Opening hours; 9am to 9pm, 7 days a week for both telephone and personal callers.
    Telephone number; 020 7589 8212 or +44 207 589 8212 if ringing from outside the UK.
    Online at; , 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. (Online purchasers also have the facility to select their own seats, subject to availability.)

Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Solo, Electron and American Express,
    Cash, cheque and postal orders (tickets cannot be held pending arrival of payment). Seats (subject to availability) are allocated once payment has been received.

Booking fee
    The Royal Albert Hall charges an administration fee of 2% of your total transaction plus £2 per booking for all online, telephone and postal bookings. Personal callers to the box office are not charged an administration fee (this may be subject to change).

Tickets are non refundable or exchangeable once booked and will normally be sent within 10 days of booking (unless collection is requested).

Ticket arrangements for the New York Staff Band and The International Staff Band concert at Cadogan Hall on Friday 3rd June 2011 will be confirmed by the end of October.
  16. SalvationArmyBM

SalvationArmyBM New Member

All looks and sounds brilliant. Just to mention on here that Leeds Central will be hosting the Chicago Staff Band on 1 June 2011. More details and advertising to follow.
  17. Active Member

Only 14 hours to go before tickets for ISB120 at the Royal Albert Hall go on general sale.
    If you intend booking via the Royal Albert Hall website, please note that it's drop-down box only allows for a maximum of 9 tickets in one transaction.
  18. PeterBale

Ticket details for the ISB/NYSB concert on the Friday night are now on the Cadogan Hall website:

Tickets for this concert will be on sale online from 9am on Monday 29 November. (10am by telephone and in person). Can't make it myself as we have the Melbourne Staff that night, but demand is likely to be high, so it will pay to get in early . . . and remember, you heard it first on tMP ;)
  19. PeterBale

The Melbourne Staff Band has now listed its tour schedule:

25th May: Sheffield
    26th May: Warrington
    27th May: Kettering
    28th May: Sunderland Millfield
    29th May: Sunderland Millfield
    30th May: Clydebank
    31st May: Blackpool
    1st June: Coventry City
    2nd June: Bristol Easton
    3rd June: Hadleigh Temple

The next update e-mail is due to list all the tour details.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  20. PeterBale

I also see that Norwich Citadel have announced the visit of the Chicago Staff Band on 31st May.

They also seem to be at Boscombe on the weekend of 28th/29th and Reading on Monday 30th
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010