ISB in Canada

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by craigster, Mar 23, 2004.

1. craigster

craigster Member

For anyone in Canada who is interested, the ISB will be in Toronto this weekend. Major concert will be Saturday night at the Main Hall of the Toronto Centre for the Arts. Great venue for a great band. Tickets are available from Ticketmaster.

If anyone needs more details on the Canadian portion of their tour, let me know.

Craig
    Canadian Staff Band

2. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

I'll be there :lol: :lol: :lol: Wonder if WoB will have a stall :wink:

3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Probably depends on how many cds carl and Graham can fit in their bass cases :wink:

4. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Who's Graham? :?
    Anyway, yes WoB will be there! :D
    The ISB are taking Bram with them who will be responsible for the WoB stalls on the tour.
    However, only ISB recordings will be available although there will be plenty of WoB catalogues to dish out.

If you'd like anything else, John, then let me know and I'll stick them in my suitcase. Not too many though as I'm liable for excess baggage charge!

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Sorry - wrong Caffull brother - it should have been Trevor :oops:

6. WorldofBrass.com

Thought so!
    I won't tell him!

7. John Brooks

If you'd like anything else, John, then let me know and I'll stick them in my suitcase. Not too many though as I'm liable for excess baggage charge![/quote]
    I just might take you up on that. :lol: Thanks

8. John Brooks

Just got home from Toronto where the ISB gave a great performance to start their tour in fine fashion. Soloists Kevin Ashman, Andrew Justice and Derek Kane were all in great form. How the band achieved such a tight performance at a concert that started at 12:30 GMT and ended some two hours later (approx 3:00am GMT) is beyond me. The attendance was surprisingly low and hard to explain why; promotion maybe :?: The audience was enthusiastic however and the band responded well. It was great to meet Carl and renew acquaintance with Trevor as well as several other members of the band.

9. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

This reminds me of the ISB's tour of Norway in 1964. On the first day we flew from Southend (charter flight) to Bodø, in Norway's north. Later that day we gave a concert in the cathedral, then in the evening another in a cinema, finishing well after midnight local time. And being above the arctic circle it was still broad daylight. That was a very long day!

10. WorldofBrass.com

Hi there, John.
    Great to meet you too!
    The WoB stand was really busy and we did really well on CD sales. Also a lot of interest in The Brass Herald magazine that we are selling too.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Canadian
    Toronto
    Toronto Centre for the Arts
    Craig Canadian
    ISB
  12. John Brooks

Heard the band again last night in Hamilton. The hall was packed to capacity and once again the band proved themselves both musically and spiritually. First public performance by the ISB of Journey Into Freedom was included. Well worth the trip. :lol:
    Now I'm hoping to go to Detroit next Thursday and, for anyone interested, I have found the following details:
    Venue: Ford Community and Performing Arts Center, 15801 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn 48126. Doors open at 6.30pm; concert starts at 7.30. Only 1200 seats so it promises to be another full house. Call Greg Payton (248) 443 5500 for further information.

13. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Heard them last night in Lancaster PA. They looked a bit weary after ten days on tour, but the playing was superb, particularly Matthew Cobb and Derick Kane. And the opening of Journey into Freedom was delicious.