ISB CD - Blazon - Wish to buy!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Railybobs, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

ISB -Blazon CD

I am trying to find a copy of this double CD to buy. Can anone help?
  2. cujo_134

cujo_134 Member

They are few and far between, I've searched before and found they are all sold out. I have borrowed it and it is a magnificent CD. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I'd suggest keeping a close watch on ebay, as there have been a few people selling off fairly large collections including a number of SA recordings - and you're safe, 'cos I've already got that one!
  4. Bariman

Bariman Member

Peter , can you let me know which ones you haven't got so I don't keep ending up bidding against you :)
  5. brownrob

brownrob Member

Hi, I really would love to get my hands on one of these CDs but I cant find any, anywherwe!!!

Any help greatly appreciated! :clap:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2008
  6. brownrob

brownrob Member

Mainly because Im looking for the track "Sword And Shield" :)
  7. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

I would imagine this would be a candidate for WoB Tunes in the (near?) future. What say you Carl?
  8. brownrob

brownrob Member

Now that is a good idea John! Ive been looking to setup an account there but nothing interested me yet (Or I already have it!)

Couldnt put on "Marching into the Milennium" by Wingates while yer at it! :p

I like bread and butter brass music as you may tell, Hymns and Marches heh
  9. pegleg

pegleg Member

ISB - Blazon CD

Rob, there is a very good tape of London Citadel Band playing "Sword and Shield" on Side B of Old Timers II, available on their website.:)
  10. Active Member

It's on the 'to-do' list, John.

We are now able to offer differential pricing on WoB Tunes so that we will be able to price tracks individually meaning that the longer tracks become available in their own right rather than as part of the whole recording 'bundle'.
  11. Pondasher

Pondasher Member

12. brownrob

brownrob Member

Thanks, but Id really prefer the CD if it were possible:p

Ive no reliable tape player at the house Im afraid!
  13. Active Member

We are expecting to have Blazon available from World of Brass Tunes by this weekend.
    Once it is available, I will post a link, unless someone beats me to it!
  14. brownrob

brownrob Member

Ive a few quid itching to get spent in my wallet, so looking forward to it!
  15. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

Greatest of respect to WoB.

I look forward to getting it onto my ipod
  16. John Brooks

I was listening to this CD today and noticed a minor error on the sleeve and notes. Track 6 on CD2 - I Know A Fount - is attributed to Herbert Rive but it's an extract from A Pilgrim Song by Thomas Rive. This extract stands on its own so well and could quite easily have been written this way; beautifully scored and very well played too.

The CD is a terrific blend of newer and older music and it's hard to believe that it's already 17 years old.
  17. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

John, on my CD, track 6 (of Disc 2) is definitely the theme and conclusion from Thomas Rive's Symphonic Variations "I know a Fount", not an extract from "A Pilgrim Song" as you say. But you're right about the wrong composer being credited -- that's a serious error.

I have a high regard and affection for the complete variations and consider it another injustice that Robert Redhead (the conductor) chose to record a bowdlerized version.
  18. John Brooks

Hi Brian,

Of course you're right and I can't believe I made that mistake. The only excuse I can come up with is they are two quality pieces of music from a superb musician.
  19. Active Member

Apologies that we're a week late with this but Blazon is now available from World of Brass Tunes.