ISB and Pink Floyd

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Parp, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Parp

Parp Member

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Pink Floyd
    ISB
    Pink Floyd forum
    Pink Floyd album
    url
  3. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

I'm not sure wether the ISB labelling on Wiki is just part of a general reference to an article on SA bands - I couldn't access the Floyd forum but I'd be very surprised if an SA band was allowed at that time to take part in such a project , even unofficially. Will be happy to be proved wrong though.

I do know that "Atomheart Mother" featured the PJBE though.

If Brian Bowen or Peter Bale are seeing this at some stage I reckon they'd be in best position to comment.

4. Parp

Parp Member

That's pretty much what I thought. But it listed the individuals - Ray Bowes, Ian Hankey, Les Condon, George Whittingham and others. So it seems pretty specific.

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I've sent a message to George Whittingham via Facebook to see if he can be of any help. The personnel listing certainly seems a feasible line-up, and it was at a period when the SA was quite keen on involvement with the wider world.

6. pbirch

pbirch Member

do you think that we got it out of our system? :)

7. Brass_Head

Brass_Head New Member

George Whittingham has Facebook!!!!

As preposterous as the ISB recording Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

8. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

The ISB used to record for EMI at Abbey Road in the 1960s, as apparently did Pink Floyd. If that group needed a brass band sound and the ISB were recording during the same period, for convenience the record producer could request some of the ISB players (via the band's administrators). Terry Camsey tells me he recalls taking part in similar circumstances when he was in the ISB. I think such occasions were kept low key (union;)) but I expect the SA received a donation! I was in the band during that time and very little was said about it.