Is tMP gonna lead to people getting the sack?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Keith's right hand man, Apr 19, 2004.

1. 2nd man down!!!!!!!!! :shock:

You are one of the people who is always logged on when I am (generally) no matter what time of day!

2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Rumbled...ok i admit it, i'm a tMP junkie, and yes it'll probably end with me getting sacked.

I just log on when I get to work in a morning (before i start work incidentally!!) and just stay logged on throughout the day...and occasionally sneek a peek to see what's being said and comment on's no big deal, i can handle it!!
  3. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

He's clearly in denial.... Cold turkey for a month?
  4. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Ha ha, don't worry, when I'm in the uni computer room which are supposed to be for "academic" use, I usually find at least one brass player on tMP!
  5. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

heh, i always log on in IT to see whats happenin, and after school at various intervals throughout the day to keep up :p its amazin how many people are actually on during the day...
  6. Trigger

Trigger Member

Yep, same for me. I log on at uni or when I'm at home and I am supposed to be doing uni work. I have two windows open, one for doing my research for uni (e.g google) and the other with tMP. I alternate between the two. But am mainly on tMP. I think I am a junkie-I have admitted it, but I don't want to quit. Although I may well fail my degree!! I am supposed to be doing an assignment now for tomorrow and I have to start work at 5am!!?? :shock: :eek:
  7. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

That sounds all too familiar :D ... *looks at pile of assignments required for now less than a week* ... :roll:
  8. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

Am I one of the few guys who pays for my own viewing or am I also supporting the rest :? Dont care really-just making a point
  9. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

IT's worse for me now we have the comp down at the band hall up and running. I go down there to do my work and such, and get distracted.....
  10. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

I view at work. I just say bless Mozilla FireFox and tabbed browsing - it means I can have tMP, the other forum I'm a member of and both my email account open in one window, allowing me to cunningly conceal them all with the website I theoretically update. Huzzah!
  11. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Just had new PCs at work with 19" monitors.
    Now I can reply to 3 threads at once!!!

Now where did that enormous pile of work come from........?
  12. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

sack? funny you should mention that... hopefully I wont have to have another long meeting with my manager about the company electronic communications policy...
  13. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Don't know about getting sacked, but my better half has frequently promised me a good smack for the amout of time I spend on here :oops: :p :shock: :wink:
  14. daisygemma

daisygemma Member

I certainly won't coz our IT department have just installed a new "net nanny".

We used to have all day access but it has now been resricted to 1 hour between 12noon and 2pm.

15. andyp

andyp Active Member

You don't work for the wonderful DWP, perchance?
  16. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I have no idea what the DWP is, but I'm guessing at no...
  17. Trigger

Trigger Member

:lol: Finally got it in with about four minutes to spare before the undergraduate office shut!! :shock: That was too close!! And yet you may notice that I have been posting on here throughout the day, despite the fact that I nearly failed an entire unit on my degree if I hadn't handed it in!!
  18. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

At First North Western we are only allowed to use the internet for work purposes, and those of us with internet access are monitored closely by the all-seeing IT department. I know people who have been disciplined for looking at football sites, so my TMP viewing and posting is done at home.
  19. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Give over.
  20. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

The internet isn't on my computer at work so can't get the sack but am likely to fail my exams.