Is tMP Addictive??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Trigger, Mar 11, 2004.

Is tMP addictive?

1. Yes

2. No

1. Trigger

Trigger Member

Well is tMP addictive? Is it just me, or do others find that they are late for things, not getting their work done etc, because they are always on tMP?
  2. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I can't possibly admit that. Can I :?: :?: :?:
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Yea, I'm really addicted... not that that's a bad thing... but I think I need to hide my modem somewhere or give it to someone so I can get some coursework done! :lol:
  4. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

It's certainly something that I try and check up on numerous times during the day, whether it's addictive, or just nice to keep in contact with fellow bandsmen/ women doesn't really bother me.
    It's just nice to have a chat on a friendly forum!
  5. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

YES! Unfortunately, one of these days I'm actually going to do some work!
  6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Of course it isn't! I mean; I can stop this message right now and not come back at all today, can't I. Can't I? What do you mean 'an average of 8.50 posts per day suggests otherwise, Dave'? Rubbish! I simply enjoy it, not addicted at all. I'm stopping this post right now, see? Easy peasy. It's only an Internet forum about brass (and percussion!) I don't get wound up when certain composers start talking about legal action for erroneous interpretations! Nah, that was just a wind up. Honest. Nope, I can give up writing this post any time I like. Simple. I mean, I love brass, me, but.... yep, and I like talking and writing on here about brass too. Particularly on here. I LOVE it, love it, love it, love it, love it!!!! But addictive? ADDICTIVE??? Are you kidding? I mean, it's only a brass forum.

Look, OK..... I'm a bit addicted, alright? Just a teensy eensy ickle bit. No more.........

Erm....... mods,........ you know they have patches.... you know, nicotine patches for people who want to give up smoking, yeah?......... they don't do such things as Internet patches for, like, you know....people who get addicted to forums do they? Don't have any available do you...... look, just keep it between us yeah, don't let the other tMPers know about this..... thanks.

7. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

I'm only at 8.44 posts per day :(

As someone who just wandered on in for a stickybeak after seeing an ad, I can safely say that this site is NOT addictive!! Nor are alcohol, cigarettes, chocolate.........
  8. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

I hope so! ;)

(John, when do the taking-over-the-world plans kick off? Oops, shouldn;t have said that...)
  9. Trigger

Trigger Member

Perhaps you should start up a new forum- tMP Anonomous?? For all those people that are addicted?? I know I need it! :?: :!:
  10. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Definitely addictive! Must put the computer down, must put the computer down...

Rach x
  11. asteria

asteria Member

Ok, which single person out of 24 said no? What's the secret?!
  12. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

now there's 2 of them!!! Share your devine knowledge!!
  13. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

addictive? no... I mean, it's not like it nearly cost me my job or anything...
  14. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

nope my mum doesnt tell me off cos im on the computer too much
  15. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

yeh, everytime i come on the net, i just come on and check, incase i have any pms waiting (that'll be the day :roll:) and i always end up cycling thru, lookin for new posts n stuff.,...... dad reckons i'm addicted, and *i should say this coz i'm beggin for money off him atm* parents are always right :roll: :roll: :roll:
  16. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

err right ok

"Hi My names WhatSharp?, and I'm a tMPerholic. It started I guess with the occasional post, you kow nothing too serious just the odd one every couple of days or so. Well you know how it is, after a couple of weeks I'm on about 2 or 3 a day, nothing heavy just replying, no topic starters or anything. Well then I guess I just got in with the wrong crowd, next thing you know I'm a 10 a day with topic starting all over the place. Even did a sticky once, guess I just can't help it, got have that Happy tMP Day fix just to kick start the day and maybe a couple of minor posts around lunchtime with the odd topic starter in the evening."
  17. Trigger

Trigger Member

Hi I'm Trigger and I joined tMP in August last year and I am a tmperholic. In the beginning I only logged every so often, say once a month. I never even posted anything. But then gradually I found myself slipping. I began posting every so often, then came the new topics. I have gone from around six or seven posts in total to over fifty in one week. I just can't seem to control myself. All hours of the night I am surfing tMP. Cold sweats and nightmares are just a few of the symptoms. I'm thinking about getting some of those tMP patches mentioned earlier. I hope it's not too late for me?? :roll: :lol:
  18. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

Quite simply YES!I have already informed John that I blame him entirely for when i fail my exams, as every time i go on the computer to do work i think 'oh i will just look on tMP and see if anything new and exciting is going on' and i end up using the whole hour or two that i have set aside to do something called 'work'??????
  19. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

my proper name is Sharon and I'm a................

Oh help, is it fatal or will we all survive!! :wink:

I think we'll be ok 8)

I think I need my daily fix of tMP!! :wink: :lol:
  20. Lothianh

Lothianh Member

How is that pronounced? Is it "tee-em-pea-erholic", or is it "temp-erholic"??? :wink: :D

"tMP - it's crack on the internet for brass banders"