Is there such a thing as piano accompaniment for Rusalka's Song to the Moon solo?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by hellraiser, Nov 27, 2004.

1. hellraiser

hellraiser Member

If there is could someone please tell me where I can get it from?

Thanks in advance.
  2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

3. hellraiser

hellraiser Member

4. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Shepherd's Song (and three other pieces)
    Arranged by Eric Wilson
    Published by Rosehill Music

This has an arrangement of Rusalka's Song to the Moon for cornet and piano in concert F major (that's G major (one sharp;) ) for you Bb instruments).
    You should be able to order it quite easily from your normal sheet music supplier, if not, check out June Emerson Wind Music - - a fantastic shop that usually have everything you need in stock.
  5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... no idea what the original concert pitch is, I'm afraid! You will have to transpose the vocal line up a maj. 2nd if you play a Bb instrument though.
  6. hellraiser

hellraiser Member

7. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

If you type in "shepherd's song" it is the first piece in the list.
  8. hellraiser

hellraiser Member

done that, sorry, got it now, thanks for your help!
  9. Cornet Cat

Cornet Cat New Member

I just performed the solo with my band this month. I have the solo with piano, and it's in the same key as the band arrangement by Langford. The solo with piano is arranged by Eric Wilson and comes in a collection of solos called Shepherd's Song. I got it from Just Music, but I don't see it in their online catalog now. Both the Langford and the Wilson differ somewhat from the libretto, more so the Wilson.

Do take a look at the libretto and listen to a singer like Rene Fleming. Best wishes!

Chicago Brass Band