is there any point!!!?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by emzbaby31, Mar 18, 2007.

1. emzbaby31

emzbaby31 New Member

what is the point in going to a contest if the final result isn't what it should be???
  2. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

depends on who you think should do the deciding on what the final result is!!!

MISS PITCH Member

because you ----

1) look unbelievably kool in our uniforms

2) get confused with a coach drivers convention

3) get to drink to much with a bunch of geeky middle aged men in a smokey pub :D

oh yer and get to play to a guy in a teleporter at the back of the room!

all fun!!

not the result you were looking for then i assume?!

F x
  4. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

cheer up we all have good and bad days and unless you can truthfully say that you heard every performance, with a score and used total unemotional detatchment to pick the winners was the result so very unfair?
  5. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Is the main reason to win...or the improvement the band makes and comradary shared with the band getting ready
  6. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

For many bands the final result is never what it should be; which usually translates into what they believe it should be or what they want it to be. You can work your socks off for weeks before a contest, some times it pays off and sometimes you come last.

Totally agree here. Surely as long as the band puts the effort in and gives the best performance they possibly can on stage you should be happy with the result. I would believe that as long as the hard work helps improve the standard of the band then nothing is a wasted effort, you always get something out of it.
  7. Texus

Texus Member

I agree with above - i'm gutted about a 2nd place, but we all know the rules before we sign up to it...... Only 1 / 2 peoples opinions matter i'm afraid.
  8. jonesbp

jonesbp Member

9. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Not if they're a lairy blue. We look like elongated smurfs.

Especially if your sponsor happens to be a coach company...:rolleyes:

Ah, now that is fun. I'm sure they could pack more people into the bar at the Winter Gardens if brass players weren't so BIG!

At the end of the day the result is not up to you or your band, its about the guy in the box and if he doesn't like it, well then you won't get the placing. But so what? It's fun to do, usually the comments have at least one thing you can take away and work with.
    If you only ever contest to win then you'll probably spend a lot of time being disappointed and life's too short.
  10. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Yeah........and it doesn't half confuse the checkout girl at the motorway services when 27 coach drivers all ask for their complimentary meals at the same time........
  11. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

well i heard a well known player with a Championship section band say at the Midland Area on Sunday 11th March
    "You loose more contests than you WIN!!!"
    Now thats a very true saying ,im sure you will agree.
  12. emzbaby31

emzbaby31 New Member

i love going to contests oh well i'm over it now were going to pontins insted!! wooo!!!
  13. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

i agree, the best I've ever managed is 3rd place at a local contest!

oh well, as I've said on several occasions - 'always next year!' :)