Is ours the tallest badge?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 2nd man down, Jun 4, 2004.

?

Well is it the tallest badge symbol?

1. Spose so

98.0%
  2. Nah, ours is a gnats chuff taller

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. What the...?

2.0%
  1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Scuse me... bored and couldn't think of anything else to write about and going to bed seems too much like hard work from here!!

Our bands badge is a sillhouette of the Emley moor television mast which stands at a lofty 1083ft and until fairly recently was the tallest free standing structure in Europe.
    What's on your badge and is ours the tallest symbol??

Check out our website for a rather sopectacular picture of it, taken from a hot air balloon by Malc, our Eb Bass player.

Wish I could claim i was drunk after typing this rubbish!!

2. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

is that when they hit a top c??

anyway, now that you've said that I think when flixton get our new badge we'll have to get the stretford flats or something on it to try and compete...

3. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

We have the cleverness of "St Agnes Sliver Band" written on a stave and the “S” is created from a treble clef…see my current avatar, but take away the 70's tie dye affect of which I had much fun creating in “paint”!!! :mrgreen:
    <--------
    (Isn’t it pretty?!):bounce

Probably not the "tallest" :? badge, and it has absolutely nothing to do with St Agnes, but I like it! :mrgreen:

4. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

I've seen a similar logo wherer the TC is turned intop a man playing trombone.........also pretty, not tall.

I think Bands in Oz are shying away from actual pictorial logos, sticking mainly with text logo's like St Agnes

5. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

ours is of bradwell windmill, because we are bradwell silver band, and there is a windmill in bradwell..... :?
    doesnt really take a genius.
    not quite as tall as urs, but i think prettier :p :wink:

6. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Not our badge but the cover of our first CD has a photo of Big E, the massive winding wheel at the pit

7. Ours is boring :(

[​IMG][/img]

8. i thought it was the blackpool tower? :)
    that's even taller!!!

9. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

The Pennines are pretty tall tho!!!

10. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Very nice liz :D

Ours is a castle, might not be tall, but it is pretty damn huge! the lump of rock got me an A for my history coursework last year tho, so i suppose i cant complain!
    means we have to put "falmouth" in brackets after everything tho, else no one knows where we come from!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    work
    sillhouette
    bands badge
    Malc
    anything
  12. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

We have the same logo as the hotel in Neighbours. :?