Is it April 1st already?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by on_castors, Feb 27, 2008.

1. on_castors

on_castors Member

Denis Wick's latest product......

Fanfare.... Da da dadah!..... now don't all rush at once

The Vibrass

Seventy Quid for a buzzer that is apparently:
    'The most important new product for brass players in many years'

although I suppose that would have very little to do with the expected advertising revenue.

and 'A pleasant relaxed sensation both before and after playing"

yeah.... some say the original non Brass equivalent has similar properties, allegedly!

Oh... my birthday is coming up very soon... wonder if I should drop a few hints, or just make my own? Shouldn't be difficult... anyone got a little electric motor?!
  2. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

:eek: Whatever next!!! I suppose any suggestions for use for any purpose other than that intended, will be edited out, especially those that shouldn't be talked about except in private.:oops:
    Although it would probably bounce around entertainingly on a hard surface.:biggrin:
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

Absolutely! Just like the post that's already been removed! ;)

Keep all replies family-friendly please folks!
  4. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Who would buy one of THOSE................................................:tongue:
  5. on_castors

on_castors Member

You must get money far too easily! ;-)

6. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

I have tried this.
    I will NOT be buying one.
  7. on_castors

on_castors Member

As I suspected, gimmick?

8. dizzy068

dizzy068 Member

I'm rather upset that my post was deleted, it was not family unfriendly whatsover, all I did was mention a high street store.
  9. on_castors

on_castors Member

It depends on whether it is "Daily Mail" family friendly.
  10. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Bit of a shame about the name though... particularly if you're American.
  11. MattB

MattB Member

I'm currently growling at the fact that some clown will have been paid bucket loads to design this white elephant! Can any bandsman seriously say they'd walk around with one of those attached to your face???
  12. davidwalton

davidwalton Member

I ordered a mouthpiece and was sent one of these instead. Had no idea such a thing existed, so looked at it. Considering the price it is cheap plastic and wouldn't expect it to last.

Put it back in box and returned. Waiting now for mouthpiece ordered which should be here tomorrow, so I am told.

BTW- If you want to vib your lips, don't most mobile phones have a vibrate facility?
  13. HBB

HBB Active Member

Is it to put in your mouthpiece pencil case Dave?! :p
  14. davidwalton

davidwalton Member

Can't have enough mouthpieces:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :biggrin:
  15. dyl

dyl Active Member

Would you let your kids into that particular store though? Doubt it. Even so, we're not justifying our actions to anyone - the post was deemed unsuitable (let alone off-topic) - so we'll leave it at that, thank you.
  16. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

What is wrong with using your bell as a recuperative device for tired lips? An age old remedy, and all for a one off cost of the instrument. Admittedly £6.5K is quite expensive but what the hey!
  17. on_castors

on_castors Member

What, your Tuba vibrates too? Bet that takes a bit of holding on to ;-)
  18. waynefiler

waynefiler Member

A few guys I know have one, and yes I've used it and I feel that it does work even if you do look silly using it, and every time I've used it, it tickles my nose and I start sneezing.

As to buying one, £60(ish) is out of my budget, Yes it looks cheap, yes it's plastic but it does work.

It's writen in the manual that you use it for 10mins for a warm up and 2 mins for a cool down. In my opinion, it works for the cool down but nothing can substitute a proper warm up ON your instrument, What are thy going to do, invent one to warm up up your tongue???

One question!

How on earth did someone discover that this device or one in a similar vain can relax the lips?

Can someone be that lonely?
  19. Sopman

Sopman Member

I agree with Laserbeam Bass above, the bell of any instrument works a treat. Only trouble I find is that when that gets too warm I have to use cold Lager as a recuperative device........ (or thats what I tell the missus anyway!!!)

20. on_castors

on_castors Member

So does it ever get warm in those upper reaches of Swaledale? ;-)