Is Chicken tMP (the most persecuted)??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 2nd man down, Apr 12, 2004.

?

Is the chicken the most persecuted??

1. Yes

89.0%
  2. No

1.8%
  3. Do I look bothered?

9.2%
  1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Is chicken the most persecuted creature on earth??
    :shock: :shock: :shock: If not, what is????
    Just stop for a mo and imagine how many chickens have to be available daily just to serve one tiny restaurant, and then imagine how many massive fast food joints, cafe's, restaurants, supermarkets etc there are world wide, and then mutiply up all the little cluckers that are required daily to serve all them and the figure that you come to is mind boggling!!! There isn't a culture on earth (to the best of my knowledge) that says ""thou shalt not wipe out squillions of chickens for your tower burgers and 'au vin' dishes each day"!!
    You must be talking billions of chickens each day!!! :shock:
    With the number there needs to be you'd think we'd be knee deep in them surely??!?! Where are they all???? :dunno

Now don't get me wrong, I'm no veggie on some save the budgie campaign here cos I like my roast chicken buttie or KFC as much as the next bloke, i just find it a completely ridiculous number to comprehend.

Ok, rant over, intersested to know what you all think.
    Nurse!, another injection here please!!

The chicken is dead, long live the chicken. :roll:
    Why did the chicken cross the road? He was making a last minute dash for bleedin' freedom, that's why!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    creature
    chickens
    cluckers
    restaurant
    fast food joints
  3. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Budgie eh? Hmmmm, now there's an idea for a new take-away.

Budgie and Sweetcorn Pie :lol:

By the way, for the record, as long as KFC have enough chicken that's all I'm bothered about. :wink:

4. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

well surely its the same for cows i mean i know they are a lot bigger but i reckon there is much more demand for beef anyway.

Talking about chickens reminded me of my holiday last year in ibiza. chicken was one of the dishes an the chef had loads of baby chicks an he cut them up in front of you, he must have gone through hundreds that night!

5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

:shock: If ever anything was going to put me off a meal that would surely be it :shock:
    Anyway I thought chickens grew on trees poly-wrapped and put on a polystyrene tray :dunno

6. twigglet

twigglet Member

In my humble opinion chickens look far prettier in sauce on a dinner plate than they ever could in real life....

And they taste fabuloso :twisted:

7. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

ah yes maybe. but i feel that we aint always getting 100% clucker in our fast food-usually a whole host of creatures all mixed together..... :p

so there arent as many die as we think....

plus i reckon if we did consume that many, theyd all be extinct by now!!!

hehe

carolyn

8. 2nd man down

Yeah but you try ordering the 32Oz chicken fillet!! It's just never gonna happen is it...cow's are so much bigger they don't need to kill nearly as many.
    And while we're on the subject of animal genocide...elephant's!! Everyones up in arms when they kill an elephant for the ivory, but does anyone bat an eyelid when there's an elephant's leg stood in every kebab shop window?? I don't think so!! Tastes too darn nice after a skinfull of ale and a smothered in loads of chillisauce for anyone to complain about that doesn't it?? Yeah. :x

9. 2nd man down

Ha ha...a fellow non believer...I bet you don't go for the old "Oh it was the lone nut from the book depositiory that did it" theory either huh?

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching!!

10. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

Must agree, nothing better than some chicken mixed in some Indian sauce (not too hot for obvious reasons!)!! Especially Tikka Masala or Balti with Pilau Rice, a Nan bread and a Tiger Beer!!!!!

11. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

What about Fish--they have feelings too and would wager they are more persecuted than chickens.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    creature
    chickens
    cluckers
    restaurant
    fast food joints
  13. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

well if they could all find jobs dancing on the internet for bored musicians, they'd all be saved! Anyway, I'm not bothered... evil little buggers, much better off in some sort of naan arrangement, covered in salad and lashings of chili sauce...

14. daisygemma

daisygemma Member

Have you been drinking again Crawf :?: :?:

:!: :D :!:

15. 2nd man down

Never tushed a drop oshifer.!! :roll:

16. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

As long as its in my stomach and tasting nice, couldn't give a monkey's :D

17. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

I remember seeing the same thing in Marmaris (Turkey) a few years ago. All the chicks were on display in a coup (sp?) outside the restaurants and they all had their feathers dyed different colours so you could pick your fave to eat! I chose the blue one...well it's one less Evertonian off the planet. :wink: :lol:

18. skweeky

skweeky Member

chickens prosecuted...... deffinitely. Would you rather eat a cat? there is loooads of cats. Or a fly? Spider? NAY!! it has to be chicken! How else do you make chicken tikka masala? How else do you make KFC? There is no other way... Kill the chickens.... all they do is peck, walk, lay eggs, poo and cluck..... EAT EM!!! :twisted:

19. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Clearly the most persecuted animal is the cockroach.

20. 2nd man down

No, I have to disagree, most Man U fans get left alone!!

21. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Watch it matey :evil: :evil: :evil:

22. 2nd man down

Don't tell me you're a glory hunting pseudo red too???!? And I thought you were ok!!