Is anyone else.........

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by meandmycornet, May 29, 2005.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

addicted to apples?? cos apparently I am, I eat 3 or 4 a day is this a bad thing??
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I get a reaction to eatting apples so no, I'm not addicted to them....

Apples are good for you!!... An apple a day keeps the doctor away- so they say!....
    My dad eats several in a day as well....
  3. meandmycornet

aaaaaaah someone who's nice about my apple addiction :) everyone else laughs at me :(
  4. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Bleurgh dont like apples! Cept the ones my grandparents grow theyre nice.
  5. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Whenever i see one of my mates, he's always eating an apple! And he eats ALL of the apple too!
  6. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

My great aunt did that! I always used to think that a apple tree would grow inside her...
  7. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Nope. Think about it.

'An apple a day keeps the doctor away'

meandmycornet = 3/4 apples a day

Add to that the chronic shortage of doctors per patient in the UK.

Therefore you can potentially keep away the nearest 3 or 4 doctors to where you are, covering quite an area, I should imagine.

You're indirectly freeing up the nearest doctors for other genuine patients by your dedication to the apple. Keep eating, I say.

;) :)
  8. meandmycornet

well i never thought about it that way mr payn! i will endeavour to keep up my apple eating to help the NHS!!
  9. whats wrong with eatin all the appple ? tis gud stalk too yum yum :)

no trees appeared ............ yet
  10. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

I was only 4 or 5 when i thought that...
  11. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Be careful Fi.

I'm sure the tMP resident dentist will know about the peptic acid in the apples & how it could damage your teeth!!
  12. Naomi McFadyen

oooo, sounds like we have a dentist in training! :D :lol:

So.... make sure you clean your teeth at least twice a day ;) and chew loads of chewing gum :p
  13. meandmycornet

bbbbut apples are good for you, your meant to eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day so i am, its not my fault there is no other fruit i like :tongue: and i do brush my teeth twice a day thankyou :tongue:
  14. Naomi McFadyen

yea good for ya health but maybe not for ya teeth.... bbbbbbut at least u clean ya teeth twice a day ;)
  15. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

And an onion a day keeps everyone away! ;)

Bad joke over & back on topic, I'm not addicted to apples! ;)
  16. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Following on from the previous reference to the acid in the apple juice, I believe I'm correct in saying that you are advised not to brush your teeth straight after eating fruit, as the combined effect of the acid and brushing can damage the gums.

As for myself, I used to have an apple a day, together with a banana and three or four satsumas, but I've dropperd the apple at the moment having lost a couple of fillings (from teeth that have had root canal treatment), and not yet going to the dentist :oops:
  17. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

ooh, ooh, i love apples! but what type to choose? braeburn are lovely and coxes and granny smiths and well anything really...

but *treachorous* i'll tell you what's better, organic oranges :):)
  18. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

Eat Strawberries!!

yummy yum yum!

kel x
  19. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I do have a significant love for fruit in general, but apples do give me quite painful stomach ache, despite which I eat them on a very regular regular basis.
    A there's a fruit. Fantastic :)
  20. meandmycornet

I'm fussy me, I only eat royal gala's :tongue: