Ireland colliery

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by IJK, Nov 4, 2003.

1. IJK

IJK Member

Edit: For current vacancies and contact details please see most recent posts

Are you looking for a band, Ireland colliery are looking for you we are currently are looking for Euph/Bari, solo horn, sorpano and BBb Bass. any other players welcome.

We meet on a Tuesday evening 7pm to 9pm at Poolsbrook Miners welfare 5 Mins from Junction 30 of the M1.

If you fancy a blow just come along or contact Mel on 0 7 92 9 52 4 6 6 8

Anyway hope to see some of you soon.

EDIT: Ammended format of telephone number - these are sometimes picked up by bots (thanks to Fishsta for pointing this out in an earlier thread)
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2009
  2. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

maybe I'm missing something strange here, but Ireland Colliery isn't in Ireland, right?
  3. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

that sounds about right!
  4. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

Ireland Colliery was near Chesterfield in Derbyshire

5. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Ireland Colliery were a champ(?) section band i believe. Many of Dronfields players/ex-players played with them at some point. It's good to see them back!!
  6. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

An Ireland band not in Ireland??? I'm confused!!!!! :?
  7. IJK

IJK Member

I know it's hard to workout. But yes but Ireland colliery is based near Chesterfield in Derbyshire and not in Ireland.

Plus they were once a champ/1st section band. But are now looking to contest again after a four year absent.
  8. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Good luck to you from tMP! :wink:
  9. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

well if your playing is as cool as your name, you're surely in for success! ;)

Best of luck
  10. timbloke

timbloke Member

The fact that just up the road is both Wales and Rhodesia shouldn't confuse matters that much?

I remember my surprise the first time i turned off the motorway to Sheffield, seeing signs for Wales... weird!!
  11. Ireland Band

Ireland Band are in Chesterfield. There are a good youth band because I used to play for them and we always used to come in the top four in contests all over!!!
    Even though I only played in one last year in wales (RHYL)
    Brill weekend same time next year Mel ?????

2nd Baritone
    Kirkby Collary Welfare Band
  12. IJK

IJK Member

Ireland Colliery Chesterfield Wants you!!!!!!!!!

[b]Are you looking for a friendly hard working band? [/b]

Then Ireland colliery is the place to be. We are looking for young and old

to come and join the ranks and see Ireland colliery contesting again in the

fourth section after a four year absents. We have a new conductor who
    is looking to carry on the development of the band.

We are looking for BBb Bass, Sop, Flugal, Bari/Euph and Bass Trom. Any other players are more than welcome.

We practise on a Tuesday Evening 7pm to 9pm at Poolsbrook Miners welfare, 5 minutes from junction 30 off the M1.

Just come a long or E-mail the MD at

Look forward to hearing form you
  13. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

This could be the start of someting good!! (was that a song)

A band with a good history on the up again, with a new, young and entusisatic conductor,

Surely the place to be in chesterfield!!
  14. IJK

IJK Member

Solo Horn and Solo Euph Needed in Chesterfield

Ireland Colliery band Fourth section

Are looking for Solo horn and solo Euph to help achieve the bands goal of playing at the area next year. Other players welcome.

We Practise Tuesday nights 7pm -9pm at Staverley Church Hall 5 minutes from the M1 Junction 30

Just pop in or contact Mel on 07 92 95 24 668.
  15. IJK

IJK Member

We have found euph and baritones all we want is sop and BBb

Ireland colliery Chesterfield Band have been rebuilding and are now only looking for a sop and Bbb bass player to complete it's line up.

We practise on a tuesday night at Staveley Church hall. If you want to come a long for a blow contact the MD at or just turn up 7pm on a tuesday night all welcome.
  16. IJK

IJK Member

Ireland Colliery Chesterfield Band (4th Section)

We are still looking for bass Trombone and sop to complete the line up and to get us to the area in 2004.

We practise on Tuesdays at Staveley Church Hall 7pm to 9pm everyone welcome.
  17. IJK

IJK Member

Ireland Colliery Chesterfield Band

We are still looking for an Eb Bass, Sop and one front row cornet player to join this young up and coming band. We have the areas to look forward to, plus an ever growing concert programme for the new year. Plus we are looking to make a CD in the new year.

We practise on a Tuesday night at Staveley Church Hall (M1 Jun 30) at 7pm to 9pm. Come along and have a blow we welcome everyone and anyone.

you can contact Ian on 07736323098
  18. IJK

IJK Member

sop/bB Bass and Solo cornet needed in Chesterfield

After a good two months recruiting Ireland Colliery Chesterfield band are now on the look out for a Sop, Bb Bass and a solo cornet to fill the gaps for the area.

The band is a mix of young and mature players led by Ian Knapton. We also have a junior band and are always on the look out for new blood. We practise on a Tuesday 7pm to 9pm at Staveley Church Hall 5 Mins from junciton 30 off the M1. So come a long for a blow or a listen everyone welcome. Or contact Mel on 079 29524 668.

Look forward to seeing you.
  19. IJK

IJK Member

The final pieces in Chesterfield

Ireland Colliery Chesterfield Band are now only looking for a sop player for the area and NEMBBC to fill the empty seats.

We are on the look out for a front row cornet player and Bb Bass as well. So if you think you have what it takes to join this young and old band contact me!!!!

We practise Tuesday and soon to be Friday nights at Staverley Church Hall 5mins from Junction 30 off the M1.

Contact me on 079 195 530 16[/b]
  20. IJK

IJK Member

Come and join these new faces in Chesterfield

Ireland Colliery Chesterfield brass band, would like to say welcome to these new and old members. Who have joined us.

Claire,John and Richard on Solo Cornet.

Dave, Rio, Jool and Emily on Back Row,

Bev and Her two sons on Baritone, Horn and 3rd Cornet.

Cath and Sam on Baritone and Euph.

Linda and Jamie on Trombone.

Matthew and Gareth on Bass.

And the two new percussion players who are Steve and Rob.

We would also like to thank Sam (Eb bass, Kirby) and Nick (bass Trombone, Shirebrook)

who have come and helped us at practises and wish them and the bands they play for all the best in the areas.

But we are still looking to fill one Bb bass seat ana one Eb bass seat after the area!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a fantastic lined up, which includes a cd recording and a tour of France.

Any other players may apply. Contact Ian on 077 3632 3098.

We Practise Tuesdays and Fridays at Staveley Church Hall