Ipswich and Norwich Co-Op Band appoints new Musical Director

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ipswich co-op, May 19, 2005.

1. ipswich co-op

ipswich co-op New Member

The Ipswich and Norwich Co-Op Band are very please to be able to announce the appointment of Robin Norman as our new Musical Director.

Robin lives in Suffolk and works as the brass band series editor for Warner Bros./IMP; he is also the owner and chief editor for Crabtree Music Publications. He brings to Ipswich with him extensive solo and ensemble performance and conducting experience gained at all levels of banding. Indeed, until recently, he was the principal E-flat Bass player at the Travelsphere Holidays Band. Robin takes over the baton from Stephen Kenna who, after 15 years, has decided to step down due to work commitments. Steve retains an affiliation with the band in his new role of conductor in association and we wish him well for the future.

The band is thoroughly looking forward to our time with Robin and, as one of only three nationally graded Championship Section Bands in East Anglia, a very varied and busy concert and contest schedule for the remainder of 2005.
  2. UncleStreaky

UncleStreaky Member

Congratulations Robin and best of luck at Ipswich.

Will you be bringing them to the EABBA contest next year? We could do with some good competition to play against in the Championship section!

All the very best from all of us at Norfolk Wherry Brass.
  3. Robin Norman

Robin Norman Member

My thanks to Ipswich for the formal announcement and also for their kind comments. Thanks also for the other messages of support I have received.

I'm looking forward greatly to my time with the band, a great enthusiastic bunch of musicians who are well run and enjoy their music-making. Thanks also to Steve Kenna for his support in this transition period.

With a very busy period ahead for the band of concert and contest plans all we need now are those elusive East Anglian Horn players to complete our line-up. If anybody is interested please feel free to e-mail or PM me in the greatest confidence.

Thanks again.