iPOD Software Version 2.2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Feb 11, 2005.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Can anyone advise should I download this to my iPod? I am being informed by iTunes that this is available but I remember reading somewhere that if your iPOD is updated to 2.2 there is a 'Sound Reducer' patch that is applied which is something to do with the EU regulations on sound levels or something like that.

Does anyone here have an iPOD and use 2.2 and can advise please. Ta

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    iPod
    somewhere
    anyone
    that.
    something
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

I'm not sure what Software version I'm running on mine - have a feeling it's 2.2 though - upgraded just before Christmas when I moved over from using MusicMatch to using iTunes - will check tonight!

4. NeilW

NeilW Member

Don't know much about iPod firmware, but iRiver "European" firmware has a lower maximum volume and I wouldn't be surprised if Apple do too. Most people use "other international" firmware to get round it. Certainly for the iRiver, I have to use quite a high volume setting to get it work well with my cassette adapter.

Will probably be sneaking my iRiver into the areas to record our performance and maybe a few others - of course iPods can't do that, can they :) [mustn't start an MP3 player war though !!]

Neil.

5. Brasstrom

Brasstrom New Member

Yes the patch does limit the maximum volume.
    (It was so they could sell the things in france)
    I updated mine in the end and you do notice the difference
    that said I still rarely listen to it at full volume
    and if i do it drowns out any other noise

(finally stoppped lurking)

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

:clap::clap::clap:

Nice one Basstrom... glad to see/read you have taken the plunge. Not that bad was it...;):biggrin: