iPod Help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by SoloBaritone, May 12, 2007.

1. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

I'm trying to put some more stuff on my iPod but it won't work, it was last night but I don't know what's the matter with it now. My laptop is charging it but my iTunes isn't picking up that it's connected so it's not transferring over any of the albums I've put on.

What do I need to do to get my iPod connected to my iTunes?

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Have you inadvertently changed the syn options in iTunes...? You can make iTunes not sync automatically if you want to. Check in iTunes that you haven't done this.
  3. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

How do I do that?
  4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Well, d'ya know what - I have just checked my iTunes (on a Mac tho) and I can't find the setting I was eluding to. Sorry Jayne... useless I am eh...

Hopefully someone else here can help. If not, try this excellent iPod forum:

Very useful site if you haven't visited already.
  5. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Thanks anyway. Has anyone else got any ideas? I'm getting seriously annoyed now, my ipod and laptop are going to end up being thrown out the window.
  6. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

I assume u tried all the basic stuff such as using a different port on your laptop incase theres some kind of driver problem for the usb / firewire connections?
  7. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Here's an easy non-tech way that might work. Play your ipod and leave it playing with backlight timer to "always on" until the battery dies. Then plug the ipod back into your laptop. the ipod will charge up and should work again with iTunes. I've had to do this a couple of times and i normally find that running the battery down to dead seems to sort out a few problems
  8. Yes, draining the battery does sort some problems, but my iPod nano keeps jamming and I can't firgure it out. Apple aren't being over-helpful with it, either
  9. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Have you tried restoring the iPod back to factory settings? Then if it keeps jamming still then it's probably more of a hardware issue.
    I've got an iPod video and nanoand they both jam up every now and then, if it happens all the time for you then restore might not be the answer

10. I'll try that thanks