iPod help!! Aargh!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Lauradoll, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Hi, I'm hoping some non technophobe can help me here.

I've just got a new iPod (whoop!) but how do I "manually add" music on to it?

I don't want to "sync" it because I'm still going to use my old one too but I've run out of memory on it, hence the new (80g) one.

Please help!!
  2. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Ah I've got it sorted. Could someone delete this thread now so I don't look like a goon. Ta!
  3. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

You're not a goon.......how did you do it? OK, so maybe now I'm the goon!
  4. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Well there are two ways.

1) On the options bit of your iPod menu you can click on the "sync only checked songs and videos" box and then unclick the ones you don't want to sync on your iPod.

2) Click on the "manually manage music and videos" option and select all the songs from each playlist/ album you want and drag it over to the iPod in the left hand column.

P.S- I didn't work this out by myself, I rang my technician from work and asked him.
  5. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Could someone help me now please.

With that damned fiasco with my computer breaking when i put sib 5 on, it had to be rebuilt, therefore losing the Ipod owners syncy whatchamacallit, so when i want to put more music on my ipod and sync, i will lose evrything on my ipod already. Is there a way round this.

6. Liamhorn

Liamhorn Member

Your solution is in the posts above.
  7. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Good work Laura! I had to go into the Apple shop to ask how to run 2 iPods from one laptop. I have a new special iPod profile so my iPod doesn't get contaminated with all Mark's rubbish after he hijacked mine!
  8. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Download Anapod Explorer from http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/

Well worth the money. It also allows you to copy music from the iPod back to a PC, which is useful if you have to replace a hard drive.
  9. leisa

leisa Active Member

Your not a goon Laura, I got my first iPod the other week off ebay and its taken me about 3 weeks to learn how to put stuff on, im so tech un-savvy
  10. Cornishgal

Cornishgal Member

Okay guys another ipod issue!!! My computer at work had a virus and has been totally reinstalled! How do i get itunes back on there and will i have lost all the tune i had on there?

Probably a silly question but had to ask?
  11. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Wow , you have iTunes and a pile of mp3's on a work computer. Hope IT don't find out. :)

Anyway, yes you probably have lost it all if it has been re-installed. iTunes you can download from Apple and you can restore tunes from your iPod using the anapod explorer/copygear product mentioned above. Just remember to turn off the automatic syncing feature in iTunes before attaching your iPod.
  12. Cornishgal

Cornishgal Member

Yeah all on my work computer, can get away with it tho as we are all as bad as each other here!! It's a nitemare i lost it all but i've still got most of it on my ipod anyhow. Thanks for letting me know will give it a go at lunchtime ;-)