iPhone case

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TrumpetTom, Aug 25, 2012.

1. TrumpetTom

TrumpetTom Member

Okay, so just got a new iPhone 4, so now I'm looking for some protection (please don't say condom!) incase I do accidentally drop it. I would have thought a rubber case would be the best option, but I'm struggling to find one that will protect my screen also and a screen protector won't offer so much protection I would image (although I have ordered a pack of these).
    Guess I need a flip on it.....

Any ideas????

2. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

3. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Get a Zagg invisishield

I got mine in Carphone warehouse, and it covers the the whole phone. I had one on my 3GS. Dropped it loads (I am clumsy), not a mark on it. It IS fiddly to apply, but if you follow the instructions and watch a couple of the videos then it is well worth it.

Just upgraded and seriously considering getting another one for my Xperia S.
  4. CornetJem

CornetJem Member

If you're looking for the best protection then the rubber case is the one I would recommend. As well as rubber cases, you might also find some hard cases. In my experience these are just for show. The first case I bought was a hard case because it had a pretty picture of music notes on it in gems, but to my dismay, when I dropped it, my screen cracked. This was because unlike the rubber cases, the hard cases only really protect the back of the iphone. As I dropped mine, it was the top of the iphone (which wasn't covered) that came into contact with the concrete floor. This dinted my iphone and smashed both the top glass screen and the LCD screen underneath. This then cost me a fortune to repair! I have since bought a rubber case and have had no problems with that since.
  5. TrumpetTom

TrumpetTom Member

Thanks guys. Thinking about getting a leather one now. Only thing I can think with rubber ones is that if you drop your screen on anedge it's dead and if you scratch it in your pocket on something.
    Suppose a screen protector would help the scratching thing but dunno to what extent, I guess not full! Just need to find a leather one now with enough protection! Oh well I've bookmarked a few to ponder over.
  6. CornetJem

CornetJem Member

TrumpetTom, the rubber ones I've seen do actually cover the edges :) but I'm sure the leather ones will also do the job perfectly :)
  7. TrumpetTom

TrumpetTom Member

Sorry, I meant an external edge, like a rock or a kerb
  8. CornetJem

CornetJem Member

Ah I see, my mistake :)
  9. jamieow

jamieow Member

The best.
  10. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

The Zagg one I recommended isn't exactly a screen protector .... it goes round the whole phone and it is pretty much indestructible but invisible. Have a look here.
  11. TrumpetTom

TrumpetTom Member