iPad Speakers

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by MRSH, Feb 26, 2011.

1. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Hi

Can anybody recommend good quality speakers for the iPad?

I have searched and come across many products but they range from £50 to £500, from 2wpc to 50wpc!!!!

What is considered a decent output level for this type of device? Will 2wpc sound too tinny?

I'm looking for a decent sound if I'm watching or listening from across the room!!

Any ideas?

Cheers

2. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

You don't mention a budget. The more expensive units generally have a better DAC in them and so have much better sound quality than cheaper units.

3. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I didn't mention a budget on purpose as I wanted to find out if people thought the cheaper units 'did the job' for them - although I do appreciate what is OK for your ears won't necessarily be OK for mine.

I don't particularly mind forking out £100-£200 (£500 is a little OTT for speakers for an iPad!!) but if I spend £200 am I getting £100 worth of better sound quality? Does that make sense?

4. worzel

worzel Member

I don't have any suggestions, but am interested in what you chose and how you find them.

5. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Since the original post there are now several speaker sets on the market that support airplay and don't need to dock with the iPad. The current best is the B&W Zeppelin Air.

6. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I just Googled 'ipad speakers' and loads came up. I eventually went for THESE. They were just under £200 and have bluetooth facility so no need to be docked. The quality of sound they give out would be sufficient for a small hall so in my home office and kitchen they are just fine.

I must admit to looking at these but are a little steep on the price at £500!! :eek: