Iona (Arr. Drake Rimmer): No Segno al Coda

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Raymond Tenor Horn, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Raymond Tenor Horn

Raymond Tenor Horn New Member

On the last line before the coda section, there is no marking as to where to go next, and I a segno marking. There is, however, a "To Coda" on line 6.

What is supposed to happen?

2. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

On the vey old copy I have (but it may be a different arrangement, as I can't find who it's by) the DS is back to the 2 bars after the 2/4 Tempo di Polka. Hope that helps
  3. euphojim

euphojim Member

This takes me back about 40 years as it was the first solo I ever played with a band. My copy (solo with piano accomp version) also has the "To Coda" sign on line 6 but it is crossed out as is the DS at the end of the last but one line. As far as I can remember I went straight into the coda without going back and am sure that fits with the band parts.

EDIT - I am sure the original would have had the DS at the end of the Trio section (Key change) and it would have gone back to the 3rd bar of the Tempo di Polka - on this copy it has been written out in full so the DS should not be there at all.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  4. Raymond Tenor Horn

Raymond Tenor Horn New Member

Thanks. That made sense after I tried it.
    After the post by Jim Johnson, I looked at the piano score: no DS, but does have a segno - in the position you said.

Thank you.