Inviting Offer. (If you think you're lard enough)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Well Worth It, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

The Hepworth Best XI have resumed our vigorous, post New Year training regime.
    Now back at full fitness, we are entertaining the idea of taking on all-comers for a football match.
    You are dischordially invited to apply for the honour of gracing the same grass as our star-player 'Heppy'.
    I feel a sense of overwhelming pride when he allows me to dry-clean his bootlaces after a game.
    Beware, also, of Januaryman's silky stepover. (It can sometimes cover his eyes).

If you reckon you can string 3 passes (or words, in some cases) together, then all applications will be acknowledged and arrangements will be made.

The match is to be played in the best of spirits and will be fast-paced and skillful.

2. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Are girls allowed? We can probably get together a girls team and a lads team as well.
  3. Well Worth It

Do we ask to come to to your "panties parties"?
  4. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

What's that got to do with anything? You didn't specify if it was lads or lassies football. What's wrong, the girls in your band not up for the challenge, or are you scared????? :D
  5. Well Worth It

It's a matter that is yet to be discussed with the fairer members of Hepworth Band.
    Get your guys to talk to my guys though and we'll sort a fixture out.
  6. what about the suggestion of us blokes havin a 'panties party' then??? :shock: (cringe!!)
  7. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Looks to me like they're scared... :twisted:

8. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I also thought that Kirsty, but didn't really want to say anything!

So it's settled then? Lads have a panties party and the girls have a footy tourney. Class!!! Who else is up for it then??
  9. Well Worth It

Much rather have a game!! :D
    You tempted Ben?
  10. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Last time I played 5-a-side I got a groin strain, just like a proper footballer. I was lunging for a shot at goal (which went in, incidentlly), felt something give and rolled around the floor inagony.
    Can I go to the lads pantie partie instead?
    :shock: BMB
  11. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

i'm up for it. I think bands should do a football tournament, to get to know players from different bands and it's nothing to do with what section the bands are in!
  12. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

We could probably get a team together, mind, when my last band used to play regularly, I seem to recall a few broken noses and gashed shins :shock:

I'm up for going to a ladies panties party...I want to find our what they actually do with the play doh. do I have to wear a dress :? ?
  13. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Em....if you really want to!! :shock:
  14. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

reckon a few at flixton may be interested (in the football-not in backrowbloke wearing a dress...although I think that could be pretty funny! :lol: )
  15. jambo

jambo Member

I'm sure the beer gut brigade from BHK be up for it. A few ex-Hepworth in our midst anyway so will be a great dirnkie do after we win.

With Heppy and Horanotang on side you'll have the best tea boys in the business!

Looking at the earlier posts, why don't you split the footie in your panties and then party after?

16. Heppy

Heppy Member

Shut it Jambo! Nothing like an overweight, asthmatic, alchoholic sop player gracefully scampering down the right wing. Lovely Stuff.

17. NAS

NAS Member

Rainford will be up for that :D ... Mabye we should organise a tournament or something?

'The TMP Cup' :wink: .
  18. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

I'll play, but I doubt I'd be able to get a squad together from my band. Anyone need a quick, tall, hard working but unfortunately not especially talented centre forward?
  19. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I'm very unfit, exercise scares me and I would probably go a lovely shade of deep red (at which point I may require hospital attention)....
    but am up for a laugh so why not (at which point some nice person could tell me the rules) :)
  20. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Kick the ball into a net (preferably the opposing team's) and try to avoid seriously damaging yourself. Think that's about it...