Invisible Signs of Aging...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by BrianT, Nov 13, 2006.

1. BrianT

BrianT Member

...not one of those cosmetic adverts.

I used to think a definition of old was {current age + 10}. But more recently I've come to the conclusion that you're only old when you just can't resist telling people how old you are. Does anyone have a better definition?
  2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

How about when people at a certain age behaving as they are much younger but obvious to others that they're not? (... but no-one dare tell them which spoils the amusement? ;) )
  3. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

When you are old, believe me, you will know all about it..........old age is not for the faint hearted. Pain from the bumps you had playing rugby all those years ago seem to rise to the surface all over again:confused: ...the best advice I can offer is to keep mobile and think positively ;)
  4. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

What, five-and-a-half? LittleBabyBadger tells people how old she is all the time. I don't.
  5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

You daren't. :D
  6. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Run for the hills! Await armageddon!
  7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

No, it's OK. At her age she'll have forgotten she posted . :D
  8. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Ooooooh gosh. I've booked you first avaliable flight out of the country, a name change, and a face transplant!!
  9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

10. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Ooo-eerr! Run for your lives everyone, we need to escape the angry badger!

But not too fast- in her old age she'll get out of breath!!! ;)
  11. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

You're getting old:

When you wake up with a stinking hangover, and say 'Never again'. And stick to it.

When you see a policeman's photo in the local paper, and think 'Policeman look younger these days'. Then you read the text, and discover it was his retiral party...

When you say, 'I saw Jim Shepherd playing principal cornet with Black Dyke', and half the band say 'Who's Jim Shepherd?' (And the other half say 'Who's Black Dyke?'...:wink:)

When it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night...

... Or so I've been told! ;)
  12. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Not invisible to the observer, but those people who resort to dying their hair to cover the grey (especially the guys! :tongue: ).
  13. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

What about those who dye their hair pink?:rolleyes:
    And Rapier, I'm always going to be younger than you.:tongue:
    Badgers are like elephants. We never forget. You are a marked man. Don't go into dark woods alone or the lads will be round to take you for little walk... Bejayzus will you look at the teeth on that thing.
  14. Old... When other people look at you and think you are older than you are? Opposite to my situation I might add! As someone said recently, I haven't aged very well.
  15. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

People think I'm much older than I am. 15 tomorrow but when I'd just turned 14 I got asked if I was over 18?!
  16. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I think I'm getting old now. I'm not quite as hypo and energetic as I was in the olden days :(
  17. ekimmort

ekimmort Member

Should you have tried to order a pint in the pub at 14? :guiness
  18. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

And what makes you think I would do that?!
  19. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

When the wolf whistle you receive puts you on cloud nine, only to plummet when you realise it was aimed at your daughter! :eek:
  20. jmb83

jmb83 Member

when i realised i left school longer ago than the length of time i was at secondary school!
    And when, at 23, i look at younger people and think 'kids are growing up so fast these days!'
    Think i'm a granny in a youths body! :)