Introduction-Independent Silver Band

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Independent Silver Band, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Hi, My name is Bill Reynolds, and I am the founder, and music director of the Independent Silver Band here in the U.S.A. The band uses two Soprano Cornets, three Bb Cornets, two Alto horns (Tenors) two Trombones, one Euphonium, one BBb tuba, and two percussionists.
    We play music from the 1850's till 1920. We play antique instruments, and wear clothing of the period.

I am still finding my way around this site. Have patience with me.

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

A big welcome to tMP you Bill :hi I am sure you will soon have found your way around the site. Shout for someone to help if you need anything, we've got some very helpful and knowledgeable folk on the site who I am sure will assist if required.
  3. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Glad you worked out the first step Bill :wink:
    As John says , ask away and help will come from all angles.

4. Thanks, I am sure I will be asking in the near future. I am already very thrilled by some of the discussions I have found.
  5. Thanks Steve, you have been a big help already by guiding me back to the site.
  6. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Greetings, and welcome to our green and pleasant land... :hi. Look forward to seeing some posts from y'all! :D
  7. Thanks, as soon as I figure out how to do this, I have several questions. I would love to visit your green and pleasant land and hear some bands.
  8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

You haven't lived until you have! :D
    Welcome to tMP. :tup
  9. Thanks, we're working on a visit. I looked at your band site.It's great, and I enjoyed the videos. By the way, which one are you?
  10. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

"2nd man down" is the guy called crawford, who's playing the solo in the first movie :)
  11. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Don't go there! Come to Crewe! It's a haven of tranquility, civility and charm... but not between the hours of 6am and 5.59am tho'... ;)

Seriously - you could visit and take in a whole heap of bands! GBs only as big as some of your states and no matter which band you visited you'd be assured of a great welcome and a memorable stay! :D
  12. 2nd man down

For my sins! :rolleyes:
  13. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Welcome Bill, you'll find there are a few us from the States that frequent this site as well :-D
  14. Thanks for the info, and I looked at the Web site. It is great, but I am going to look at in more detail latewr.
  15. Where are you located?
  16. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Not 100% sure who you were asking, but I am in Ohio (
  17. 2nd man down

What he said. We're in Hudderfield, West Yorkshire, England.
  18. If I would read these more carefully, I would have seen that. I am going to look at a map, and see where all these places are located.
  19. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

I'm curious: is that the actual line-up for which the "period" music is scored, or are you playing "re-arrangements"?

If it is an authentic line-up, where does the sheet music come from?

20. Actually some of all of the above. I have gotten a good deal of the music from the U.S. Library of Congress, and, again some of it is complete, and much of it is just piano scores, and some of it is created from a few parts. There are several sources of music with the right instrumentation. The Old Towne Brass is one good source. I don't have their website on hand, but if you go to our site I have a link to it. Hope this helps. If not, give me another holler.