Introduction and a question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Albert, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Albert

Albert New Member

Hi,

My name is Al. I was a trumpet player up through 9th grade and switched to Euphonium 2 years ago (nearly 40 years later) to play with my sons. I am in a Seattle area community band and love it.

Now my question: I have purchased a number of instruments to try besides the Euphonium including a marching trombone, Conn and King tromboniums, a Getzen Trombone and most recently within the last 6 months a new Besson Sovereign Baritone (BE 955) in Laquer that I have played a few times at home.

What is the demand currently for the Sovereign Baritone? Is it likely Besson will return to the market?

Al

2. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Hi Al, and :hi to tMP

Its always good to see members signing up from the other side of the pond - I hope you enjoy tMP and have some good discussions here.

As for Besson, well to be quite honest I don't know what will happen. There was a thread about the takeover by Buffet here which might be of interest to you. Also there are several members who work in the trade, so they might have a better picure than me. If you post a reply in that thread requesting an update (as not all members read the Introduce Yourself forum), I'm sure if someone knows something they will say so.