Introducing the tMP Gallery: Another FREE Feature from tMP!

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Feb 27, 2005.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

[IMGLEFT]http://www.themouthpiece.com/images/camera.gif[/IMGLEFT] Introducing the tMP Gallery:

Another FREE Feature from tMP!

Yes, that's right folks, in our continued quest to provide you with the ultimate online banding experience, we are proud to announce yet another free feature we are offering here on theMouthPiece.com

What is it?

The tMP Photo Gallery will give give all members the opportunity to get their photos viewed by all our members. Do you have photos of youself or your band celebrating a contest win? Or drowning your sorrows following a defeat? Perhaps you have photos from a prestigious concert or event? Or even some photos of your band having fun on a social trip? Let us see what your bandroom looks like - inside and out! We've even included a non-banding area for you to post pictures of where you live, your holiday snaps etc. In fact, there's a category for everything - so lang as it fits within the general rules of tMP of course!

The tMP Team will of course be adding photos of various tMP Events regularly, so keep an eye out for photos being added regularly.

[IMGLEFT]http://www.themouthpiece.com/images/gallery.jpg[/IMGLEFT]

How do I use it?

The only limitations as to what you can post are those guarded against in our Gallery Rules & Guidelines. We ask you all to read through these thoroughly before you start using this excellent new feature. This feature is available to ALL tMPers to use, however, keep an eye out for some extra incentives for tMP supporters and sponsors.

The serious stuff:

Due to the nature of the feature, please be aware that ALL images and comments must be approved by a Moderator before they appear in the Gallery - and in keeping with our family friendly policy we will not allow the identification of minors (i.e. <16's) on the Gallery or via a reference from elsewhere on the site - unless we receive written permission from parents or guardians. Any naming without permission will be taken seriously and removed on sight, and may result in the 'guilty party' receiving a formal warning and/or suspension.

Welcome!

To help us to be able to 'police' the Gallery more efficiently, we have created the role of an additional 'Gallery Moderator' who will be on hand, along with the rest of the team, to answer any queries you may have about submitting to the Gallery, or wish advice on whether a certain image is suitable for upload. So, tMPers, I'm sure you'll agree with me, that the ideal person for this role, is none other thantMP's very own Mum in residence... Dinie. Welcome, Dinie, and thanks for agreeing to help us out on this latest venture in the life of tMP.

We sincerely hope you enjoy using this new service - and of course, if you do, you are all welcome to make a donation to help with the running costs of tMP!

So, that's the serious stuff out of the way! All that's left is for me to ask you once again to have a read through the tMP Gallery Rules & Guidelines. Once you have done so, you are free to browse and visit the brand new tMP Gallery.

John.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  2. groovy

groovy Active Member

Yay! Nice one mods - and congratulations Dinie on becoming one. I'm sure this new feature will be as successful as all the rest. :biggrin: :clap: :tup

3. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Go Dinie :clap: :tup :clap:
    '' Due to the nature of the feature, please be aware that ALL images and comments must be approved by a Moderator before they appear in the Gallery - and in keeping with our family friendly policy we will not allow the identification of minors (i.e. <16's) on the Gallery or via a reference from elsewhere on the site - unless we receive written permission from parents or guardians. Any naming without permission will be taken seriously and removed on sight, and may result in the 'guilty party' receiving a formal warning and/or suspension.''
    Can someone explain what all that means cause i don't get it.

4. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

its saying i'm not authorised to view it :(

5. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i think u might have missed that bit :rolleyes:

ncie one john, that sounds amazing, n yaaaaaaaaaay to dinie :clap: :biggrin:

6. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

lol i got that then Sarah pointed out why :oops:

7. meandmycornet

well y is it then?

8. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Anyone under the age of 16 must send tMP written permission from their parents/guardian in order to have their name placed next to their photograph. This is in order to protect our younger members from the dangers of the internet.

;)

9. meandmycornet

oh rite i read the whole post i'm a sooooooooo dumb! I think I shud be blonde! I was told that a band the other nite!

10. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

will be launched around 15 00... aka 3pm, its only half past 2 now

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP Gallery
    theMouthPiece.com
    RoyalBlue
    color
    tMP Photo Gallery
  12. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

how i dunno where tmp is :dunno

13. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Our Address is:

The MouthPiece.com
    tMP Land
    TMPShire
    tMP 1

. . . failing that contact one of the Moderators and we will forward an address for you to send any permissions.

;)

14. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

:frown: it dunt exist Roger :(
    So can you still have pics of under 16s as long as their names aren't on it?

15. TheMusicMan

It does yonhee... I can assure you of that..;)

And yes, we will allow appropriate images of minors but no names or method of identification.

16. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

I'll be sending sumit to the address TMM!
    An some people on tmp know each other so they'd know who the minors were an people have pics of them as their avatars.

17. great idea mods!!!!!!! :clap: another great feature from tMP!

18. TheMusicMan

Thanks Rick... I am just about to enable the feature in the next 2 mins... so... get uploading all your great pics, screenshots, holiday images...

Here goes... enjoy :)

19. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Its ace! :clap:
    But it has under 16s peoples names on :confused: im lost

20. TheMusicMan

Oviously those images have either been posted and uploaded by the parents/legal guardians of the people in the image, or permission has been obtained from the parents/legal guardians before we approved them.

I think the ones you are referring to are of Vic - remember that Dinie (her Mum) is a Gallery Moderator.

21. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Hey this is a great idea :) Nice touch

:clap:

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP Gallery
    theMouthPiece.com
    RoyalBlue
    color
    tMP Photo Gallery