Introducing Ben van Dijk (Bass Trombone)

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by WorldofBrass.com, Mar 18, 2004.

1. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

We met Ben van Dijk (Bass Trombone, Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra) at the Royal Northen Festival of Brass where he played in the All Stars Brass Ensemble.
    Ben gave us a copy of his solo CD First Song and we were so impressed by it that we've decided to add it to our catalogue.
    The CD includes 'New Orleans' and 'Sonata Breve' from classical bass trombone repertoire and Bens' own homage to a favourite composer, 'Wagner for Bass Bones' where he has multitracked all 4 parts including the stonking contrabass trombone!
    This CD will obviously appeal to bass trombonists but Ben's sheer musicality is really worth hearing more widely.

Here's the link;
    http://www.worldofbrass.com/acatalog/21279.html

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Ben van Dijk
    First Song
    Bass Trombone
    All Stars Brass Ensemble
    Royal Northen Festival of Brass
  3. WorldofBrass.com

Apologies for the delay to those of you that have ordered this CD.
    Stock is slow arriving from Germany but we hope to receive them soon!

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure it will be well worth the wait if his first solo cd "Nana" is anything to go by :wink:

5. WorldofBrass.com

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to First Song.
    Ben's musicality shines through on every track.
    In particular, I was so impressed by his legato playing. Hard to believe how he can move from one note to another on a trombone so smoothly and with such little gap.
    Definately worth a listen!

6. WorldofBrass.com

Really pleased with the sales of this CD so far. It deserves to be more widely heard.
    The MD was a bit sceptical about taking this title into stock but I'm pleased to have proved him wrong!