International Brass Band Summer School, Swansea

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by tubawales, Aug 26, 2004.

1. tubawales

tubawales New Member

Just thought after seeing reviews on the Bromsgrove course I'd like to tell you about my experience on the International Summer School. Where can I start a fab week with great tutors on hand all day, free top class recitals given by David Childs what great playing especially in Rossini, Lesley Howies ballsy recital a highlight being the finale from Mendelssohn Violin Concerto, super quiet jazz playing by Nick Hudson, the chance to see and hear a former and current principal cornet of the Black Dyke Band Ian Porthouse a highlight being Turrins Caprice and Roger Webster what can you say about this man effortless and stylish playing in Tartini Trpt Concerto last on the agenda Steve Sykes how he makes the instrument sing is a wonder to me some beautiful playing in Ave Maria. The course was conducted by Dr. Bob Childs what can one say he directed the band with aplomb all week a gentleman and it is easy to see how he has become one of the best conductors around. My only gripe was the British summer more like winter but never mind. A great course and I would recommend it to any one I learnt so much throughout the week.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    course
    Brass Band Summer School
    Swansea Just
    Bromsgrove
    Steve Sykes