Instruments Markings

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by simonium, Dec 29, 2011.

1. simonium

simonium Member

I have a Besson 967 Sovereign Euphonium which has some markings and engravings on it which I cannot fathom. I would be interested to hear if anyone knows what they are. The instrument dates from 1990 and the serial number is 786***. The markins are 'M' or "H" stamped into the ring that joins the bottom bow to the bell flare; "MM" or "HH" stamped vertically on the opposite side, joining the bottom bow to the main branch. There are also various numbers scratched on the slides:

Tuning slide - looks like 706
    1st slide - 105 or 108
    4th slide - 700

I have *******ised the instrument a fair bit (Imperial buttons and Regent valve caps) but the parts with the numbers and engravings are original as far as I can tell.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Besson 967 Sovereign Euphonium
    markings
    number
    H
    anyone
  3. jennyt125

jennyt125 Member

My EEb Sovereign tuba has the last three digits of the serial number hand engraved on all the tuning slides.
    Obviously from the time when they were made to fit properly! :)
    It has letters stamped on the joining rings on the bottom bow too but I have seen different letters on many Besson instruments so no idea what that's for.

4. simonium

simonium Member

I was hoping if it was "M" it didn't stand for the traditional Besson virtue of mediocrity! :)