Instruments for sale

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by JonP, Apr 23, 2005.

1. JonP

JonP Member

Some amazing deals on ebay these days. The items below are an example of whats avaiolable. I cant understand why anyone buys from a shop anymore.

Check out these items on ebay for a bagain!!!

And they are all in the uk!!

7316457644 Bass Bone

7316455848 Euphonium

7316454898 Bach Trumpet

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

.... a guarantee and a year's warranty ;)

3. andyp

andyp Active Member

There are some good deals, unfortunately they're tricky to find in amongst all the cheap imported rubbish!
    For every good deal there's someone who's been ripped off, but that's ebay for you. If you want to be amazed, try a search on "Collectables", highest price first, you would not believe some of the unusual stuff there is. I wanted the 16 ft radio controlled model battleship "Prince Of Wales", but my wife refused to buy it for me for our anniversary.

Well, it was £30,000!

4. Bones

Bones Member

Whilst these are genuine items there is a lot of dubious stuff around.

On a serious note. My trombone was stolen early part of this year. A trombone remarkably similar even down to the case, mouthpieces and pencil holder was advertised on ebay. The police are investigating. The law states that even though you may buy in good faith you have no legal rights to the property

Caveat Emptor

5. JonP

JonP Member

I think that any stolen property you buy is always returned to the origional owner with no financial compensation to yourself. A guarentee from a shop in the UK is worthless. Have you ever tried to get a shop to replace an instrument because the laquer is duff or you have found marks on the instrument. Its like pulling teeth. Ive been usong ebay for two years and have never fallen victim to a dodgey instrument or a no show as i check the feedback of any seller i consider buying from.

If you use ebay inteligently its supurb!! if someone has 0 feedback or negative dont buy it!!!