Instrument Valuations

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Anno Draconis, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Active Member

Can anyone recommend the most efficient way of getting a band's stock of instruments valued?

My current band doesn't have much of a handle on what the instrument stock is worth, so I've been cataloguing it - I have an excel spreadsheet on the go which has make, model, YOM (if I can find it) and condition for each instrument, but I could do with finding someone who could put a rough value on this. There might also be some sales to be made out of helping with this, as we need a new BBb bass and would be looking to part-ex some of the old stock against it if there's any PX value in any of it.

Trouble is, I don't really know who to ask - anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance...:)

2. muteblower

muteblower New Member

Would be really interested in the answer to this as looking to do something similar at my band... We've a detailed instrument list but nothing further in terms of value!

3. simonium

simonium Member

I would suggest that you call or email the boys at Trevada Music. Their details are in their website.

4. jennyt125

jennyt125 Member

Yes because they always give the best deal, not! lol :)

5. Colin.Doran

Colin.Doran Member

Andrew, would speak to the usual suspects of Mc Queens and Music Celler Preston, also worth giving Glyn Willams a bell as i think and i am bound to be corrected he valued BT / Stockport brass's instruments when the band folded.

Regards