Instrument seller suggestions?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Bassment Jinx, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Bassment Jinx

Bassment Jinx Member

I am considering getting my own instrument (Eb Bass). I couldn’t seem to find any general posts on sellers, prices or deals. If anyone has any personal suggestions/recommendations or if there is a link you can point me to I would really appreciate it.

2. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

3. horn-girlie

horn-girlie Member

band supplied are good. although i got my horn a few weeks ago from Alan Gregory's (near manchester) which was very good, and the staff were really helpful :)
  4. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Ebay is always worth a look, but if you haven't used it before, it's worth getting some buying advice first. A lot of the bigger shops like Normans have started selling off surplus stock through ebay rather than having it cluttering up their shop. I've just had a look, and there's a bloke in Switzerland selling a Sovereign EEb, but it looks a bit dubious as there are no pictures and Switzerland is not supported by Paypal and the buyer protection that goes with it.

Godd luck shopping!
  5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

6. Matthew

Matthew Active Member

Hi Matt,

I bought a brand new Sovereign BBb Tuba from Band Supplies in Leeds last year. They gave me the best price nationally, after I shopped around quite a bit (I did pay in full, in cash though, so that may help you too when you make your purchase).

Prices for new tuba's can vary by as much as 4 figures depending on where you buy, so do get at least 5 quotes if you can. :)

If you're looking for great advice and a non-besson instrument by the way, try Mr Tuba at:

Let us know how you get on!
  7. Bassment Jinx

Bassment Jinx Member

Ok, that has given me a few more places to look. Sounds like its definitely worth looking around for a while if the prices can vary that much.

Thanks a lot for the help guys
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2006